First post, first track (and hello!)

vicious-beats

Hi folks, this is my first post so should really get a hello in while I'm here.

I've just started learning production so I thought I'd post up the first track I've be creating while I get to grips with it all. Its not much but I thought I'd take the opportunity to get stuck into the forum and start getting the old hands dirty from the off. No point waiting around for that perfect track to stick up in case of embarrassment so just going to get right into it. Using Reason 4 so any comments on anything to rework using that would be good.

Some of the talent on here is unreal. If I get half as good as some of the stuff on here I'll be happy.

http://soundcloud.com/vicious-beats

Ciaran

bline reminds me of chubrub i like dat style init...

i think a different kick drum and a different snare on this beat wud make it quite badman tbh... and maybe a thicker high hat instead of that ride which seems quite thin.

really like ur style tho man, work on ur drums and u will be making banging tunes

Nice. Get into the forum, search out some stuff on layering/eq-ing drums. Plenty of info around here, and you-tube and that.

reminds me of chubrub

I wish.

Thanks for the comments guys. Next up is to learn how to EQ and master tracks over the next while then (and carry on learning about the synths etc). I'm enjoying Hydlide24 on youtube - has been well helpful so far on general reason stuff. I guess EQing and mastering will be a longer learning process but looking forward to getting to grips with it and getting that punchiness I'm missing.

Thanks.
Ciaran

good business for a first tune! You've applied some techniques, and the sounds are good. If you listen to big producers tunes you'll notice that there's always something new happening: reverse cymbal to cymbal, then kick drum build for 1 bar, then something else. You get the picture. Adding these elements all over your track keeps it fresh. Keep making tunes and you'll learn new things with each one. Also like it was said read/watch internet information video/documents about production and such,
Peace

Back
Top Bottom