First Piece of Minimal DnB - FEEDBACK NEEDED!

I get the style youre trying to recreate...but IMO you may have gone a bit too minimal haha. The sounds are really nice - good clicky noises, and the reverb really goes down well. I think it would sound better if you had some kind of more distinguishable kick. Im guessing this is around 100 bpm ish right?

I know what you mean about the kick, I messed up because I meant to only put delay on for a few seconds after the drop but I left it on for the rest of the tune by accident making it so that the drums sounded messy.

"Square Root" - Way too minimal for me. I'd like to hear a big SD, couple more hats, a pad or two, and definitely a bline.

sounds cool though

I listened to Division. Sounds ok. The bit that starts at 3:50 ish is just wrong. Sounds like some kid is sitting there turning the volume knob up and down on the pad. And the max volume on the pad is too high compared to the rest of the track.
Minimal is hard to comment on with just one listen.
Square root came and went while I typed this, didn't grab me.
Circuitry is playing now. Got some good sounds in this. Prob my favourite out of the three.

Too be honest, fixing something that didn't work the first time can be fookin hard and frustrating. I'd leave it for a while. Start some other tunes, come back with fresh ears a bit down the track.

Too be honest, fixing something that didn't work the first time can be fookin hard and frustrating. I'd leave it for a while. Start some other tunes, come back with fresh ears a bit down the track.

Yes indeed. Fresh ears are best when tryin' to sort a track at times, well said (y).

right, listening to the first tune, i really like ur drum work, good stuff,

but the tune is a bit empty without pads and effects and stuff.

its mainly just a beat atm.... u need loads more effects noises to fill it out

and a bline?

i like ur beats and stuff its a good style man, but its a bit empty atm,

hav u had a go using bongos and different conga noises? and also hav u tried using some percussions with reverb on? its really good if u use it in the right place.

im listening quitley coz its late but i cant hear any bassline :(
and yeah pad in division is too loud just turn that down init

Back
Top Bottom