Multi Genre First mix (Ambient, downtempo, minimal, dub techno etc)

Elias

VIP Junglist
As the title says, my first mix!

Don't expect mad double drops or anything spectacular, just tried to make some nice tunes fit together.

Some blends worked, others didn't really :)

Feedback very appreciated!

Tracklist:
Helios - Bless this morning year
Oak - Mongoose
Sam KDC - Washed out
Beaste respond - Startle
Helios - Vargtimme
Helios - Suns that circling go
Asc & Bvdub - Symbol #2.2
Kiyoko - First light
Kiyoko - Sea of trees
Bvdub - Wish you were here
Rdei - Fog
Helios - Your Zenith

Last edited:
Mate, this mix is stunning. Played it a fair few times this evening. Hope you're planning on doing more of them.

Ears satisfied, and probably in to all ambient mode after this one! Some names are recognized, some are new entries in to the memory allocations. All good fun!+1 Having a blast with the intro, and right in to 'Mongoose' where the beats drop. I like that you didn't try to mix in 'Washed Out' by mixing both beats together but rather taking the track at the breaking point. It works better the way you did it, and once I got there, patterned established. 'Startle' is a banger on the minimal low end, thank you for the introduction there. The scanners are on full alert!

The fadeout to the ambient section was nicely cleanly done. Slow, patient, and right on to Helios 'Vargtimme' (which I have to admit mate, I thought it said 'Vagtime' - clearly, I am excited.) Holy shit ambience! Nice stunner here - again, scanners on high alert there. Instant recognition in Symbol #2.2, and of course the nice Kiyoko project straight to the techno. Digging Rdeid's 'Fog' a little bit more than bvdub's entry there (probably some weird rewiring on my part, no harm there, it's a nice tune) before the curtain close back again with the ambient. Nice gesture all around.

I think this is a good starting mix, and this is your first one? Very cool. Really enjoyed it, and I think the ambient section came out top notch man. For a starter set, this is a nice one at only a half hour. Look forward to hear more. :)

I also mix some level of articulation with the symbol releases, and of course, if you're interested in checking them out, please feel invited to follow me on soundcloud link on the signature.

Last edited:
Ears satisfied, and probably in to all ambient mode after this one! Some names are recognized, some are new entries in to the memory allocations. All good fun!+1 Having a blast with the intro, and right in to 'Mongoose' where the beats drop. I like that you didn't try to mix in 'Washed Out' by mixing both beats together but rather taking the track at the breaking point. It works better the way you did it, and once I got there, patterned established. 'Startle' is a banger on the minimal low end, thank you for the introduction there. The scanners are on full alert!

The fadeout to the ambient section was nicely cleanly done. Slow, patient, and right on to Helios 'Vargtimme' (which I have to admit mate, I thought it said 'Vagtime' - clearly, I am excited.) Holy shit ambience! Nice stunner here - again, scanners on high alert there. Instant recognition in Symbol #2.2, and of course the nice Kiyoko project straight to the techno. Digging Rdeid's 'Fog' a little bit more than bvdub's entry there (probably some weird rewiring on my part, no harm there, it's a nice tune) before the curtain close back again with the ambient. Nice gesture all around.

I think this is a good starting mix, and this is your first one? Very cool. Really enjoyed it, and I think the ambient section came out top notch man. For a starter set, this is a nice one at only a half hour. Look forward to hear more. :)

I also mix some level of articulation with the symbol releases, and of course, if you're interested in checking them out, please feel invited to follow me on soundcloud link on the signature.

thats some weighty feedback man! thanks a ton :)

glad youre feeling it! i chuckled at the 'vagtime' comment, cant say i thought about that one!

i will definitely check out ur mixes tomorrow, had a look at the tracklists and it looks sublime!

Back
Top Bottom