First Love

Damn right!

I hate that crap, trance, happy hardcore and all that..euurgh!

I hate all that too,but the original hardcore sound (90-92/93ish) was very good,before it got all speeded up and full of chipmunk style vocals.

When that happened the darker sound was coming in and then the jungle after that,thats what i veered to instead instead of the Happy happy stuff.

Last edited:
its more breaks than dnb

little too coffee table for my taste

theres still a couple of tunes on it tho

i would take the solo stuff over it anyday snapshot' 26 bass' hopscotch' rearranged etc...

its more breaks than dnb

little too coffee table for my taste

theres still a couple of tunes on it tho

i would take the solo stuff over it anyday snapshot' 26 bass' hopscotch' rearranged etc...

I see what ur sayin...but they from a different period...things like newforms shaped DnB into what it is today!!

More of dark yet chilled (tripping) vibe if you ask me!!

lets be fair it is quite shit tho enit?

or is it just me?

:i_love_co

OMG!

Mate ...this is one of the most seminal and important pieces of dnb history.. yeah the album was very musical. very accessable, very neat and reserved.... But did you ever go see them live? they tore the place apart....

If you dont like this you dont like dnb.

What other dnb album these days would ever get the chance to be nominated and win a Mecury music prize? NONE

man.. cant believe someone can even begin to say it was shit. Seriously ....
lol!

All his solo stuff was good dancefloor dnb but it wasnt as amazing as New Forms which was just sooooooooooooooo fucking sublime!

I hate all that too,but the original hardcore sound (90-92/93ish) was very good,before it got all speeded up and full of chipmunk style vocals.

When that happened the darker sound was coming in and then the jungle after that,thats what i veered to instead instead of the Happy happy stuff.

yeah....im talking about crappy hardcore and loved up day glow trance shite not old skool hardcore...

i fell in love at with jungle music at my first ever rave. i went to bagleys that night as a happy hardcore fiend :| but i was lucky enuff to walk into the main arena first and got to see Kenny Ken and Hyper D....... the lyrical ability of stevie just blew my fuckin mind! been a dnb junkie ever since!

So we got into the scene at somepoint in our lives...some more recently than others.

I had been into the scene for a couple of years but It wasn't untill the release of one particular album that i fell in love...

...that album being PLANET V (1999)

41RF7R6GNSL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

2 tunes in particular stuck out for me...and still get me going to this day!!

Stay - Kamanchi

Brand New Funk - Adam F

- they had such an impact on the scene at the time...and still get me bubblin to this day!

Thank you Planet V!!

- Sooo....my point being....

What Tunes/Albums did it for you???

quality album,did u get this when first released,i can remember buyin this bout march 99,ali baba is top bass.

Went to go see Prodigy with RATm when i was 15 in 1996 at Reading... loved the Prodigy more than the RATM set... became a Prodigy nut which lead me to loads of electronic music, hip hop etc and got into dnb properly around 97/98 and bought decks. Had a world Dance CD that i caned to fuck and lost! Had all the big tunes like Fire, pulp fiction ect

but yeah that Planet V album was shit hot! I know a lot of people that got into dnb through that. Back when V actually put out dnb not this cack they stick out these days ...(yeah yah ..whatever lol)

it was all about these albums for me

MusicCatalog%5CV%5CVA%20-%20Metalheadz%20Platinum%20Breakz%5CVA%20-%20Metalheadz%20Platinum%20Breakz.jpg

fa_7.JPG

MusicCatalog%5CR%5CRoni%20Size%20&%20Reprazent%20-%20New%20Forms%5CRoni%20Size%20&%20Reprazent%20-%20New%20Forms.jpg

no one has put out antything in dnb as seminal as those imo!

there were a few others like Ganja Kru, Planet V, Armageddon, Wormhole.... all got me really into dnb.

I think maybe we all go down the same route coz at 16,i had the first 2 prodigy albums and got alex reece's so far cd,but jus b4,xmas 96 i think got goldie timeless after hearing inner city life,summer 97 got hold of platinum breakz fave straight away was dillinja angels fell,new forms had come out but not bought it jus heard tracks and just into 98 got my first tape pack,one nation nye97,went from there.

I think maybe we all go down the same route coz at 16,i had the first 2 prodigy albums and got alex reece's so far cd,but jus b4,xmas 96 i think got goldie timeless after hearing inner city life,summer 97 got hold of platinum breakz fave straight away was dillinja angels fell,new forms had come out but not bought it jus heard tracks and just into 98 got my first tape pack,one nation nye97,went from there.

think thats our generation.. a lot of people aroun my age got into it through the same route..Prodigy - Platinum Breakz - etc 9back when dnb was more intelligent..lol.. kidding, kidding...hehe)

My girl at the time's older brother had a few tapes lying about.. Alex Reece was one of them actually lol. started buying vinyl and tapepacks a bit later...

Last edited:
i buzzed off the Elevate and Freenote EPs by zinc, there are still my favs today and i play em were ever i can...

i think zinc has let himslf down a bit recently, would love him to make some rollers like these again.

Freenote was the first DnB tune I heared. And I went nuts!!

And I totally agree with you about Zinc. He should make that kind of tunes again. Like freenote.

Hearing my parents listening to Carl Cox in the car (when he used to play banging hardcore - 92-93-94) I preceeded to label any electronic music "Mad music" throughout my childhood.

Then 1 in the jungle on the weekend - Big show!

Then - Prodigy for sure, as alot of people have said. I think Liam Howlett is the seminal producer of the UK scene and continues to pioneer on alot of sideprojects I'll have you know!

Back
Top Bottom