First Gig

0riginal Ninja

Overlook
basically there is a local dnb night near me, im thinking of playing a half hour slot early in the night.
only problem is im proper worried about it haha!
ive been mixing for about 4-5 months now and yeah i think im pretty good but some days i can be absolute WANK, i dont wanna crash and burn and look like an arse!

HELP

everyone gets nervous, i did when i used to dj, even at small places, and to be fair ppl arent listening to mixes like they do on a cd or whatever, they are too busy talking / drinking / having a fag to even care about a clang or whateva.

Sure you'll be fine mate, just start with a few mixes you know you can do with your eyes closed then the rest will follow!

you will be fine mate...especially if you are on at the beginning...dont mean to sound harsh...but generally you dont get a full crowd at the beginning of a night...and if you are first, its not like they have anyone to compare you too

keep your had strong and you will be fine fella!!

first time i mixed out i had a beer jsut before hand dunno why but it chilled me out a bit and yeah like nuera do mixes that you know off by heart

white heather of course!
went last friday and it was proper sick, not really what i was expecting!
you played well mate.
me and my matey were gonna contact you because you run it dont you?

Last edited:
Get a couple hours practice in beforehand- get into the swing of things, saves you being a lil bit rusty at first.

i remember my first time... i was quite nervous but once you've pulled off 1 or two mixes you wont wanna leave ha.

i was buzzing after i finished a little set.

good luck mate, go for it!

white heather of course!
went last friday and it was proper sick, not really what i was expecting!
you played well mate.
me and my matey were gonna contact you because you run it dont you?

Thanks man i'm glad you enjoyed it, pretty happy considering it being my first event ever lol.

PM some details, Name, Facebook, MySpace etc and we'll go from there. To be honest i'm pretty full with line ups being that half my mates DJ but we'll see :wave:

basically there is a local dnb night near me, im thinking of playing a half hour slot early in the night.
only problem is im proper worried about it haha!
ive been mixing for about 4-5 months now and yeah i think im pretty good but some days i can be absolute WANK, i dont wanna crash and burn and look like an arse!

HELP

Was same for me first time i played out couple of years ago, and i had Dread Mcing with me which helped. had only been mixing for bout 4 months, set was ok with some songs mixing was spot on, but with others was appauling literally just faded the song in on crossfader, if i were you i'd pre plan your set and practice it and practice it till youve got it spot on, as long as you can beatmatch and understand the essential parts of djing, dont see why it wont go down well.

Was same for me first time i played out couple of years ago, and i had Dread Mcing with me which helped. had only been mixing for bout 4 months, set was ok with some songs mixing was spot on, but with others was appauling literally just faded the song in on crossfader, if i were you i'd pre plan your set and practice it and practice it till youve got it spot on, as long as you can beatmatch and understand the essential parts of djing, dont see why it wont go down well.

what if they are feeling a bit of his set dunno like a jump up bit and he's planned the next 20 minutes to be full of it.... planning sets never really works

It does when you first start out though, once you find your feet then i feel you can expand and go with the flow more. I see what you mean tho but for a first gig? Deffo plan that shit lol!

i can imagion ur first half a dozen sets would be planned untill you get used to playing out.

i used to do acting and the first 2-3 performances where average coz of nerves etc, the last few nites where always amazing. that kinda applies to djing im guessing. stay in ur comfort zone first few times.

mate just remember, the main point is to have fun! (yeh be professional aswell) but as long as ur in a good mood and look like your having a good time then people will do the same thing! and obviously deep deep down u know you can pull it off!! so just remember that!! confidence is the key, if u get up there well scared, heart beating ridiculously,then chances are it might be a bit sketchy, just think nahhhh im gonna do this no 2 ways about it!!! being over nervous can only harm the situation! just love it mate, and have fun!!!! you'll feel like u proper accomplished something after, and you'll definitely notice how much youve got better after youve done it because your confidence will be through the roof! (good times) :) be happy mate and enjoy it!! GOOOD LUCK:)

Back
Top Bottom