First ever Welsh-language DnB tracks! Switch Fusion Session for BBC Radio

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by dafo93, Jul 29, 2013.

1. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

yo all!

it's been a while since I last posted here! just thought I'd give the heads up on a session I recently did for the BBC, comprised of three brand new tracks. They are quite possibly the first of their kind in this scene, since they use lyrics sung in the Welsh language.

I realise this isn't a huge deal to most of you haha, but I reckon it's at least a little unique, and I'm proud to have been able to do it first, considering how many prominent Welsh producers there are in the scene at the moment!

I think "O'r Dwr" is the one that will go down the best here, it's a little darker than the rest!

Anyway, you can check out the tracks here if you like!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/erp8q9#p01cgh7r

Hope you dig them man! Check out the following links if you like what you hear:

http://www.facebook.com/switchfusion
    http://soundcloud.com/switchfusion
    http://twitter.com/switchfusion

Thanks! :)

2. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

3. Shatner's Bosom

Shatner's Bosom murder TANMUSHIMUSHI

4. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Pan welais teitl y thread, wnes y poeni ychydig. Gan amlaf mae caneuon yn y gymraeg yn hollol cheesy.

Ond, ti heb wneud gormod efo nhw. Dwi'n caru'r swn ar O'r Dwr ac Hud Tywyll. Dwi ddim yn hollol fussed are Mellt (ond dwi'n caru'r bas), ond fi ddim really yn hollol fussed ar D&B y dyddiau yma I ddwued y gwir.

Ond ie, dwi byth di weld unrhyw D&B yn gymraeg. Ti yw'r un gyntaf dwi'n siwr.

Paid gobeithio am ated synhwyrol o unrhyw fan hyn pryd mae'n dod i'r Gymraeg. Mae na gormod o Saeson lan tyllau ei hunain. Ain't that right forum :)

Ond dwi really yn teimlo be ti'n wneud. Mae'n hollol bwysig bod y iaith yn cael ei defnyddio yn fwy nag yn yr ysgol. Yn anwedig mae'n furffiau modern. Mae rhaid i ni dangos y pobl fwy ifanc faint mor pwysig mae's iaith. D&B yn cael ei weld yn "cwl", fellu y fallai bydd pobl yn cymryd fwy o sylw a fallai newyd ei agwedd bod cerddoriaeth yn gymraeg yn cheesy. Yn anfodus, does na ddim llawer arall fel hyn haha. Cadw e lan, dwi'n hoffi be ti'n wneud.

For the benefit of the forum, even though 90% of you are anti welsh cunts, check it out. The production is very nice. Worth checking out.

Also, why can't I type letters with welsh accents on? Try typing a w with a roof and it leaves the page. Racists.

5. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

6. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Yeh, because English is the pinnacle of a language that makes complete and utter sense...

7. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

i communicate with head nods and eyebrow raising.

8. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

heey man c'mon haha...didn't mean to cause any divide or anything! just enjoy the music for what it is if you like it :)

9. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

You communicate with nipple rubbing and lick liping you massive queerbum