First Ever Test Tube Burger Unveiled Today - £250,000

The Watcha

VIP Junglist
http://news.sky.com/story/1124439/test-tube-burger-served-up-for-first-time

Test Tube Burger Served Up For First Time

The world's first test tube burger, costing a whopping £250,000 to produce, has been unveiled in London.

The 5oz patty - made from lab-grown "cultured beef" - was dished up by its creator, Professor Mark Post, before journalists in Hammersmith, in the west of the capital.

The scientist-turned-chef made the most expensive beefburger in history from 20,000 tiny strips of meat grown from cow stem cells over a three-month period.
What a waste of money. Would still rather have a Double Rodeo burger for £1.99

$marty

Dexcell
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
How about they do something useful instead of fucking feeding fat boy millionaires. Fucking shower of cunts

rj_dnb

VIP Junglist
I think the plan was to get a fake burger perfected before normal beef becomes unsustainable / extinct.
Still, many better ways to spend quarter of a million quid.

Last edited:

Borf™

Borf
VIP Junglist
How about they do something useful instead of fucking feeding fat boy millionaires. Fucking shower of cunts
I don't think the idea is to sell fake burgers to the Scrooge McDuck's of this world.

The importance is that meat isn't sustainable. Especially going forward. It'll be less easy to farm.

This is a breakthrough essentially.

But no chance I'm eating fake meat. Fuck that. I'd rather pay triple and have the real stuff.

ThePapa

Suffragette City..
VIP Junglist
Yeah I was gonna say imagine if all land used for grazing (with all the deforestation that brings) were allowed to return back to nature? This could be one of the most important scientific discoveries of all time.

Apparently they need to figure out a way of growing fat with it as the stuff they're growing now is far too lean.

- - - Updated - - -

Anything that could get rid of battery farming has to be good.

Borf™

Borf
VIP Junglist
^ Yeh, that's my thoughts.

We'll need more and more land in the future, which means less for farming. That's where this would be beneficial.

Forau

CONCUSSION RECS
VIP Junglist
Rather than figuring out ways for us to live with what we're doing to the planet we need to change the way this cancerous race consumes and destroys.

Borf™

Borf
VIP Junglist
Rather than figuring out ways for us to live with what we're doing to the planet we need to change the way this cancerous race consumes and destroys.
Won't ever happen.

Look at the noise people make when they ask you to seperate recyclable stuff for generic rubbish. People moan so much about it.

Eating less meat however is one option I think we can't take though. We need meat. Otherwise we'll all end up pasty vegetarian's in sandals reading a harry potter book on the train. Less meat = homo. Real men take meat. Lots of juicy meat. Just shove it right in.

Catsel

Well☣Known Dismember
VIP Junglist
so this burger was made using dead calf fetus stem cells.

so the cows are still giving birth. therefore dairy industry still going. therefore farming still the same, except instead of eating the cows, we eat their dead babies.

cool idea bro (y)

environment. still fucked.