First ever 3 deck mix, Feedback and Comments wanted!

ZackMRG

Circles are Pointless
VIP Junglist
Entered this mix into a competition a week or so, thought I might as well make it a 3 deck one to really give it a go, admittedly I probably have tried to mix alot more quickly than I should of considering I've only had 3 decks for four weeks- but I figured go hard or go home and Its turned out pretty decent I reckon, no major clangage and on the whole its worth a listen at least.

That being said I would really appreciate feedback and comments, good or bad, but mainly on where I can improve on the mixing itself, I.e. if anybody has any tricks or techniques that they use while using 3 decks, got my own sort of ideas, but would really like to hear what else people do.

Tracklisting:

1.Andy C- Finders Keepers
>>>Shimon- Hush Hush
>>>Chase & Status- the Druids
2.Subfocus- Deep Space
>>>Taxman & Original Sin- Seen
3.Clipz & Die- Back Inside
>>>Interface- Get Lo
4.Commix- Satellite Type 2
>>>Fierce, Break & Nico- Draw
5.Xample Feat. Crystal Clear- Heaven and Hell
6.Subfocus- Timewarp VIP
>>>Doctor P- Sweet Shop (Friction Vs Camo & Krooked Remix)
7.Total Science- Nosher (Marky & S.P.Y Remix)
8.DC Breaks- Pickett Line VIP
>>>Origin Unknown- Lunar Bass (Commix Remix)
9.Blame- Stay Forever
10.Subfocus- Triple X
11.Hamilton- Brainstorm
12.Delta Heavy- Space Time
>>>Bad Company- The Nine
>>>Loadstar- Link To The Past
>>>D-Bridge & Vegas- True Romance

Dnbshare

For someone who's only just started on 3 decks this is really tight! The only bit where it became noticeably out was when pickett line VIP and nosher remix were playing and you were bringing in lunar bass remix, but that's not an easy mix at all and you recovered it really quickly so after a bit more practice you'll have it nailed.

Only thing I would say though is watch out for some mixes where the tunes clash, it could just be me but I thought pickett line VIP and stay forever clashed quite badly, and then stay forever and triple x clashed a bit as well. I think its pretty hard to get tunes with such distinctive melodies to play over each other without clashing, but I dunno it could just be me.

Triple x >>> Brainstorm sounded raw!

Id follow from what Mish Mash said, would of liked to have seen a bit variotion in the mix, abit too much Ram for me.
Concidering its ur first 3 deck mix, its really tight, just a few little slips in places which im sure you can work on easy enough
I actually though Picket Line >> Stay Forever sounded good, just if either one was alittle quieter think it would of sounded sweet
Overall a really good mix man, id just avoid mixing two records on the same label, but that just personal preference (although iv done it once myself)
Think the only down fall was when the nine came in, ended on a high though

listened to this earlier, really enjoyed it. you kept the tunes flowin and energy throughout energy out - especially liked the way you brought Brainstorm in - really tight for a 1st mix on 3 decks

Normally id try and keep it a bit more varied on the tunage, but as it was a general competition I kept it a bit more mainstreamy than I normally would've, also think that Ram tunes on the whole are a lot easier to mix than some other labels out there- very similar Bpm's etc.

The slip ups (Mainly the Nosher remix) do make me cringe- really am my own worst critic, wasnt very happy with the way the nine came in either, but I do feel like I can excuse that one due to having a mixer which lacks decent visual levels, so most of the mixes im going purely on what I think sounds about right, I really misjudged the nine though lol.

As I said, on the whole I'm pretty happy with the way it came out- glad other people are posting some real positive feedback too, dont think I could've expected too much more from myself being so new to it, will be interesting to see where im at this time next year I guess :D

Thanks for the comments and that!

Back
Top Bottom