First dump here

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by See Me Soon, Jan 19, 2016.

1. See Me Soon

See Me Soon Member

farshad_farahat_argo.png I am new to this forum
    so things might go wrong. However,
    I am trying to drop some shit...

2. momentuk

momentuk Member

the kick is way too low sounding for me, where its hard to pick it out of the mix. conversely, that rolling snare sounds a bit too loud! would be nice to be able to hear the pad sounds a bit more, but I guess you're going for a more subtle old-school vibe?

3. See Me Soon

See Me Soon Member

Well, thank a lot for the feedback, I really needed it, and are happy to get it.

As I said before, I totally forget the fact that I switched my low end on the monitors to Half a while ago.
    I have 2 monitor which got fucked up by playing dnb music too loud... how ironic:D

But I will get into that on the track and see how to get it to sound a little nicer.
    Also the snare... besides the fact that I still use a snare recorded from a roland V-Drum module, or sometimes just a roland keyboard, I really want to use only noise based snares. I think they while cut though every time, but did not tried it yet. Do you happen to experiment with that?
    I do have a nice synth. And although it isn't mine, it stand here for me to play with, and as the reviews goes and my own experience with the toy, the korg ms2000br is a MUST HAVE diamond.

The pad... this time I used the vocoder of the ms2000br to record a piano variation from a standard roland keyboard.
    Then I added some overdrive, eq, delay, reverb, eq and again some reverb.
    I think I used some electronic piano patch or something in that range.

Just for you I will upload the pad sample to my soundcloud, so you can play with it if you like.
    I will take it offline in a day or 2.:fonz:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016