First Drum & Bass tune I wrote. Memories right here.

elmaruk

slannndaaaaaaar
VIP Junglist
Just dug this one up, Man this is old. Brings back some memories as well.

Enjoy :P

I remember sampling salad fingers for it

---------- Post added at 20:24 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

Listen out around 2:40 for a cheeky sample

---------- Post added at 20:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:24 ----------

and i wish i kept that bass patch

Last edited by a moderator:
not a clue mate.
this was four years ago now.
I probably just had a amen or something running in the Rex player with some distortion sharpening it up.
From what i remember i used to like playing about with layering lots of loops.

i'm not a fan of ready made loops, i can't help but feel i'd be cheating, but others swear by it. It was good for a first attempt, sounded quite conventional for that style of dnb.

I wouldn't say it's cheating mate. Especially when your still learning. Besides, the whole genre came out of sampling the Amen break ect.

If the end outcomes good, no need to question the input I say.

i agree, i'd just rather know how they made it and try it myself, that way you'd have a lot more freedom to experiment with it. i feel the same way about all these pop-steppers who take any old crap pop tune and give it a mediocre dubstep beat. it's making me a bit mad, and making me hate the whole genre. You feel like saying at least try and come up with something original :( but anyway, that's a bit off-topic. lol i do like the feel of your 1st track ;)

i agree, i'd just rather know how they made it and try it myself, that way you'd have a lot more freedom to experiment with it. i feel the same way about all these pop-steppers who take any old crap pop tune and give it a mediocre dubstep beat.

True true. I guess theirs a thin line.

Back
Top Bottom