DnB First DnB Tune - Strictly Business

K

Kid Chop

Downloaded Albeton around 2 weeks ago and started messing around with some ready made samples. I Hit a brick wall and downloaded some tutorials from LoopMasters and watched countless hours of tutorials on Youtube.

https://soundcloud.com/kidchop%2Fstrictly-business
Link above takes you to souncloud which you can listen to the track. Its 170BPM and has a grimey bassline. The track is very basic but think it has enough extra sounds and percussion to keep it going. Let me know what you guys think? Any criticism is welcome !

P.S track to get a Soundcloud master done as best as i could :)

WhoSayReload?

VIP Junglist
Sounding really good considering you've only been at it for a couple of weeks! I think the tune needs more variation as well and you could work on your mix more as the bass drowns out your drums

Destro Bass

Keep going and in putting in work! Take those ideas that were said above and branch out on the next project! Try to experiment in the studio with more edits and try retrograding melodies if you feel the phrase starts to get a bit stale! Composing is a marathon not a sprint, so keep taking your time on it!

Kid Chop

You have reached some nice tones here but feels slightly repetetive (with the bassline) overall.
Sounding really good considering you've only been at it for a couple of weeks! I think the tune needs more variation as well and you could work on your mix more as the bass drowns out your drums
Keep going and in putting in work! Take those ideas that were said above and branch out on the next project! Try to experiment in the studio with more edits and try retrograding melodies if you feel the phrase starts to get a bit stale! Composing is a marathon not a sprint, so keep taking your time on it!
Tune sounds nice! Bass is a bit too sort of constant. Could do with a bit more variation and space. Drums could do with being a bit bigger especially the clap in the intro but that will come with time. Can you/ anyone else here check out my thread and tune please https://dnbforum.com/threads/new-tune.195695/

Thanks for the positive and constructive feedback. I agree that the bassline is repetitive as it drowns out the track. I tried to keep the track as interesting as possible by adding some extra chord stabs, percussion and altering the velocity on the bass notes. The track was EQ'd along the way while I struggled on the final mixdown as I lack the experience in my ears in know if the drums should be louder etc. I also lack any monitor speakers / headphones which also does not help.

My Mastering is quite poor in getting it to 0DB from just using Ableton free plugin's. I now have Ozone 7 and will probably look to do a better job when I revisit the track. For now I am looking to learn FM8 and build some of my own sounds, drums and basslines. For me producing tunes is a great hobby now and is quite fun at the same time

Top Bottom