First DnB Tracks - Feedback Please

iMation

Now then,

these are the first two tracks that i have worked on.

I know there is alot of room for improvement, i'm still working out some functions and ways of working.

Currently using FL Studio with RE-FX Vanguard and a few other VSTi's.

http://www.reverbnation.com/imation

Please Leave feedback good or bad, its all helpfull

Thanks

iMation

had a listen, first thoughts were phsical is the better tune, the drums in noobies revenge are pretty weak (im guessin in built fruity drums)

but there needs to be more changes in the tunes i.e bass change, sounds like you've used a lot of pads.

i also found physical the better track. stylewise youre on to something and if you just keep at it youll find each track better than the last, so just keep grafting and im sure youll come up with some real interesting shit

had a listen, first thoughts were phsical is the better tune, the drums in noobies revenge are pretty weak (im guessin in built fruity drums)

but there needs to be more changes in the tunes i.e bass change, sounds like you've used a lot of pads.

Yeah in Noobies Revenge, the drums are just loops i found in FL Studio and tweaked them a little bit.

For some reason, Physical has lost its low sub bass, i will do some more to it shortly.

Thanks for the comments

get monitors mate, whatever youre working with priority number 1 is to hear what it sounds like. krk rokits 6 are very good value for money

Yeah i was looking these the other day after reading some reviews.

At the moment im in between house moves :S so my setup is not ideal at the moment, but im porting the track to as many systems as possible to get different feedback

After tweaking "Physical" the Sub bass has been lifted and now overtakes certain parts of the track, making them quiet. Will this have to do with what freq the sub base covers? its at abaout 50hz

Thanks

i had this problem. u jus need to turn the sub bass down a little in the mixer. jus make sure ur not in the red n u shud be fine.

i agree wiv every1ns comments physical has more potential i do like the eery feel to noobies revenge tho, you do need some more work on layerin and eqin your sounds, includin drums. subb bass in physicall is immense. im listenin on headphones an its mostly sub bass im hearin, u need to eq the nasty ness out of it. all in all good attempts there man keep at it!

For first attempts man, these are really good.

As someone said, the eerie sound in noobies revenge is wicked. Really liking the track, but as people have said a few changes would benefit it. Maybe use the hat less when it drops and a few other tweaks.

As said, physical has a lot of potential. Liking the style of it. That sub bass would be wicked if you had it at the right level.

As people have said, a bit of layering and further tweaks and they'd improve a lot. Nice work though man.

Back
Top Bottom