Drum & Bass First dnb track you can remember hearing

charlie89

What's the first dnb tune you remember hearing and loving. Basically which tunes started your dnb journey?

Mines this. Remember hearing the intro of this track when i was like 12-13 yrs old, took me ages to find out what it was.

Last edited by a moderator:

bulletstorm

VIP Junglist
This isn't actually true DnB but it is very close:

after that I've heard a few tunes by artists like Aphrodite.
mainly because of games, Aphrodite's Wobble was in ssx3.
but then I still wasn't in the scene, I was mainly listening to punkrock bands.
But then pendulum released Hold you colour and after that I slowly switched from punk to drum and bass.
I still love slam =)

alexanthony

Impact (Engage Audio)

This Mix alone get my into drum and bass. Mate of mine gave me the CD when i first passed and the rest is history.

Such a big mix and even though i dont really mix/listen to the tunes on it there still some of my favourites

miszt

BASSFACE Royale
VIP Junglist
Micky Finn & Aphrodite - Badass, sumtime at the end of the 90's, still one of my favorite dnb tracks

OneSeventy

VIP Junglist

On the Midnight Club soundtrack... it was my favourite song on there along with Logistics' Release The Pressure. Was still a few years before I actually got into the genre though.

Rich Pitchshift

VIP Junglist
This is the first track I remember hearing and someone actually telling it was drum and bass. I discovered it on SSX Tricky on PS2 if anyone remembers it? Brilliant game!

Grade

VIP Junglist

I remember my brother putting this on in the car when we were going on family holiday. I think it lasted about 10 minutes before everyone told him to turn it off haha, I would've been 8 or 9 years old

ScottyEightSix

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
Pure Tone - Totally Addicted to Bass

Although I remember seeing an advert for Fastlane when I was about 15 an think what the fuck is that music, that's sick!!! But never bothered to look into it.

Attire

Last Winter
VIP Junglist
Probably something stupid like Pendulum, or something off a dance compilation a few years ago.

Hey we all had to start somewhere right?

I remember this one being a turning point for me:

The Watcha

VIP Junglist
got to Roni Size - Dirty Beats for me, closely followed by Twisted Individual - Gusset Gravy & Hazard - Rubber Chicken