First DJ to rewind/reload

backdrft76

Does anyone know who or where the first DJ was that did a rewind or reload for the crowd?? Any video or audio? This question may have been asked here before and if it has, I apologize.

Whoever did do it first can go fuck themselves...I loath rewinds.

Totally fucks with my groove :bruce:

It's a sound system thing. They used to play the vocal version of a tune (called pt1)...jack it up a couple of times (if it was popular) and then play the instrumental version on the flip (called pt2). This would allow the sound system DJs & singers to line up and do their thing over the riddim track.

Massive rewind at 21s vv although ironically they used to lift the needle straight up (like Blackmarket)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruins a set for me if a DJ does more than one rewind in their set. Sure, a track may be dope but I want to dance and listen to some music

rewinds are awesome when done on appropriate time. takes the time down and i like it - of course if there's too many it gets annoying indeed.

Thanks for the responses. I was just curious as to when and where it began and if anyone knew who the first dnb dj was to use it. Love Papa Jaro's response and examples above. Many thanks!!

i reload is very much acceptable when say a dj double drops one his new dubs for the crowds reaction and it then it goess offf.... sooo chchchchchch -rewiiiinddddd and then starts the tune by itself from the beginning.... i think it adds so much anticipation and energy but thats me

Nerh your all wrong, It was infact my great great uncle Albert. He later went on to be the first dj to use his head to scratch too

Old-school-DJ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom