First DJ setup. Looking for advice.

Bambii

Just wanted to know what people think on what I'm buying as I have never bought before and don't have much experience with buying of decks etc.

So here goes...

2 x reloop RP-2000M turntables
Numark M4 mixer
Alesis M1 active MK2 Active speakers
Sennheiser HD25 II headphones
Rane serato scratch live sl2
And I obviously already have a laptop.

Will this set up work nicely?

Any suggestions welcomed. Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Oh this in total will cost roughly £1200.

:D

Just wanted to know what people think on what I'm buying as I have never bought before and don't have much experience with buying of decks etc.

So here goes...

2 x reloop RP-2000M turntables
Numark M4 mixer
Alesis M1 active MK2 Active speakers
Sennheiser HD25 II headphones
Rane serato scratch live sl2
And I obviously already have a laptop.

Will this set up work nicely?

Any suggestions welcomed. Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Oh this in total will cost roughly £1200.

:D

One thing I realized when first tried to start cheap was that I should have saved a little bit more and bought better equipment. Also, you might want some headphones that swivel. I know those are good headphones but they cost as much as the the decks (one) that you are getting which doesn't make sense to me...you can get really good dj headphones for $100 (i.e. audio technica m50) and then save the extra $$ for better decks, mixer, needles, tcv, etc. Also, I had an older Numark mixer like that one and I hated it. You might be better off finding a second hand Vestax, along with saving up for some 1200's (you can usually find them for $300/each).

Thank you for the feedback, might look into getting a different set up of decks and mixer in that case.

I have just come across another problem, my laptop has an AMD processor and serato has common issues with AMD processors, does anyone know if there is another type of software similar to serato sl2 that is AMD processor supported? or is it time for a new laptop as well?

Thank you for the feedback, might look into getting a different set up of decks and mixer in that case.

I have just come across another problem, my laptop has an AMD processor and serato has common issues with AMD processors, does anyone know if there is another type of software similar to serato sl2 that is AMD processor supported? or is it time for a new laptop as well?

Buy once, buy right, never have to buy again.
Apply this logic to DJ equipment, commit to the cause and you'll never regret it.

Biased opinion but I would find a 2nd hand pair of 1210's and use either Serato or Traktor if you can't afford to pay for vinyl. If your looking to do that you'd probably need a half decent MacBook.

Enjoy.

I am! Very interested, everything is in full working order except one speaker, ready to be set up and used?

Only problem, would you be able to post... In Scotland area?

Hmmmm. Possibly. Collection would be preferred obviously. Postage would be expensive though, this is heavy and would require several boxes not to mention it is fragile! Inbox me and we'll have a chat about it.

And yes, it's just the speaker that has a problem. It powers on fine, emits SOME output albeit extremely faint.
I replaced the Concorde stylus 4 weeks ago and the vinyl has only been used on one side, purchased new control vinyl in November.

didnt read all of this, but i recommend buying good gear secondhand over buying brand new average stuff

Back
Top Bottom