First attempt to make d&b (need some feedback)

Hi m8 welcome to the forums.

First impressions:

the percussion could use abit more swing and more rythem that will help give flow to the tune, the structure of the tune is pretty generic reminds me abit of a trance tune so it could uuse mixing up abit.

you got a decent synth for ur bass but maybe it could use some more lows and abit less repetition.

all in all for a first try it aint half bad but youve got a long way to go, just keep tryin and tryin and learn from other producers but obviously keep your own style as you dont want to mimic somebody elses techniques. one day you will come out with a banger its just a matter of time and effort :)

How hard is it to post in the right section mate?

I don't like the tune either, it's all way to repetitive and easy for me. I miss a nice rhythm and such.
Next to that the levels of the tune are really bad, things being too loud and such.
The sounds itself need a lot of work too.

But yeah, maybe I'm being a bitch here because it's your first tune, but you could do better mate.

Last edited:
How hard is it to post in the right section mate?

I don't like the tune either, it's all way to repetitive and easy for me. I miss a nice rhythm and such.
Next to that the levels of the tune are really bad, things being too loud and such.
The sounds itself need a lot of work too.

But yeah, maybe I'm being a bitch here because it's your first tune, but you could do better mate.

Asif this is anyway constructive for the bloke. why reply to just be a cock!

Post in the right section next time. CHeck the top of the page

I think the shakkers and percussion are too loud
Kick could be louder and more clear
EQing needed
Intro is fairly generic, could use some added sounds and risers

Bassline and synth get to be very repetitive
needs more variety

Thx all for your replies and feedback. I will continue with my project and will add some more variations and do something about my percussions. Sorry for wrong section though it was the good one.

Will update the track soon and hopefully you guys will like it more then.

Back
Top Bottom