[First attempt] Mr. Fox-Full Metal Jacket

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by davidkalamar, Jul 9, 2012.

1. davidkalamar

davidkalamar New Member

Hi my name is David Kalamar under the name of Mr. Fox. I've just started to dib-dab with tunes in Reason. I made my first track and any kind of feedback, comment, response, advice would really be nice. Thanks! I hope you enjoy!

2. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Needs some EQ work in there. It feels like everything is just getting choked by the different elements so try to give the kick, bassline, snare etc etc its own space you know! But its really good for being a first track, it has got the energy!

Keep it up man :)

3. davidkalamar

davidkalamar New Member

Thanks, I'll definitely make those changes. I'm not quite sure how I'm gonna split the kick and the snare in Reason but I'll look it up.

4. Fatkidscantjump

Fatkidscantjump Member

Agree with that needs EQ work, not bad for a first song. Try to make build ups by cuttin drums / adding risers etc.

Also listening it with headphones the synth/bass distorded sound that comes at the beginning of each 4bars I believe comes mostly in my right ear its kind of disturbing.

5. davidkalamar

davidkalamar New Member

Thanks for the advice. I didn't hear the bass thing on speakers. Since I have managed to fix that and I'm gonna be focusing on EQ and drums as you said. You are right. Thanks once more. Big ups!