First attempt (Jump up)

beats are cool and snappy, sample fits well for the drop but it loses power on the drop, the sounds are good but need beefing up more, maybe add a sub layer to it to make it pack a punch, good effort tho.

beats are cool and snappy, sample fits well for the drop but it loses power on the drop, the sounds are good but need beefing up more, maybe add a sub layer to it to make it pack a punch, good effort tho.

Yeh im finding this a lot with the stuff i have been making. Could you explain a bit more what you mean on how to give them more punch ?

to be honest.. this tune is 'all there' but is just lacking that proffesional mix down... something i too struggle with! what did you make them sounds with, been trying to make that honking rarrrhhh type sound for tiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, you must let me know!

and what is the sample from too... if its a movie, i wana see it!

to be honest.. this tune is 'all there' but is just lacking that proffesional mix down... something i too struggle with! what did you make them sounds with, been trying to make that honking rarrrhhh type sound for tiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, you must let me know!

and what is the sample from too... if its a movie, i wana see it!

Cheers man.

Yeh mix down is gonna be my biggest problem, always the hardest part.

The voice samples are taken from the film "Thirteen Ghosts" when they are explaining the history behind "The juggernaught" Ghost.

All sounds were made with Massive.

nice one breadbin... i need to crack on with massive, i've had it for time but just don't know where to begin!

prefered the original compostition mate i'm affraid... at 2.10 on this one it's the best... the original had more 'movement' and felt more 'dynamic'?

being honest, cos i really like the first one!

Ive shown a few people this tune and they have pretty much said the same thing. Needs more movement in it. Not really understanding what people mean by it.

richie_stix cheers for the comments, i just don't really understand what your saying. You say it needs more movement, but then like the simplicity composition more?.

Just trying to grasp what people mean by "movement"

Thanks

Movement can be as simple as an automation of a filter cutoff on the bassline. So it kinda morph's from a low mellow drone into a raspy gut churner, and back again. Or a slight change in the rythym every 16-32 bars. I guess you could sum up movement as a change in the elements of a track to keep the listener interested

Back
Top Bottom