First attempt at something kinda old skool, id love to hear opinions from the elders!

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by W3st, Jul 17, 2012.

1. W3st

W3st Unsigned DnB Producer

Cheers guys, heres a reese heavy jumpy attempt at something a little more old skool and less liquid....

2. modern

modern Member

Re: First attempt at something kinda old skool, id love to hear opinions from the eld

Loving the FX and the Pads. That build up is fucking beast, haha. Nice drop - Tight production - only thing I'd say is get rid of that lame "Bass!" "rock this!" Vengeance vocal, and have some sliding bass, or something. Just my opinion, though. They're too overused. A nice track, indeed, though.

3. W3st

Re: First attempt at something kinda old skool, id love to hear opinions from the eld

ahahaha and so i was caught... so much for that. thanks for the advice modern, I see you've been making the rounds recently on this forum - good stuff! Anyways, I guess by using those overused vocal samples I was tricking myself into thinking I was going old skool. guess not. cheers again for the help

4. stigma

stigma Member

not really oldskool, but good on its own :)
    also 1:10 - something like deathworm or some wobble preset from massive, I think it's familiar to many of us, so it'd be good if you changed it
    cheers :)

5. W3st

actually - not a preset, something i made on my own and have been using rather heavily in my tracks. not a fan of using presets. thanks for the advice though, maybe ill tweak it a bit.

6. bulletstorm

bulletstorm Member

amazing tune mate =)
    I expected something completeley different when I read old skool, but this suprised me in a very good way.
    It has already been said but I also don't like the bass coming in at 1:10.
    the rest is really really good.

7. Caldeth

Caldeth Member

The tune is pretty nice, but you should turn up the volume on the kick I think, or add some more impact to it.. make it stand out more :)

8. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I like the wobble. I think you could tweek your hats a bit to give em more dynamics.