First attempt at DnB (liquid i guess)

fr00tyfr3sh

I've been using fruity loops for a couple of weeks now and i've created a liquid-like tune

I'd like you guys to give me some feedback about the song, any tips are appreciated.

link: www.soundclick.com/fr00tyfr3sh

I didn't put it in a mixer/compressor yet, its still a track wich is under construction.

Pz out

Its not bad for a first try, not bad at all.
I'm no producer but it sounds a bit basic. Just the drums and the other stuff. I'd add a melody over it or something to make it sound a bit more alive...keep it up though man! :)

thanx bro, i will try adding another melody like some piano with reverb on it. maybe alter the beat in some places.

Last edited:
yeh man its not too bad, i really like the crazy vocal and ur bassline. u have an interesting style about you. but the beat is really simplistic, try using drum an bass breaks on top to make ur beat seem fuller, and tweak the release an delays of ur cymbals. i dnt think you should pan the rattling noise either, it gets a bit irritating after a while. was quite feeling the tuba or whatever it is tho, is pretty catchy. good start mate keep at it!

It's almost something Alix Perez would make.

Get some more laters on those drums bro!

Nice effort for your first go!

-dubC-

Thanx for the comments :) , ive been trying to put some more breaks in the beat and add a extra melody into it, ill reupload it when finished.

Yeah man, it's comin' along nice...like some of the others said, still things to be added to it. And you also replied it was in the works still.
I was glad to see that ya added a shaker to the break, instead of goin' with the basic break by itself with the hi hats that came with it. Sometimes looking for more percussion to add to the break, (like the shaker you added), can add alot to a track, like certain hi hats, fills, etc..Explore the percussion loops to see what else you can add. I realised it sometimes when i felt one of my tracks wasn't quite finished yet, that addin' certain percussion made it seem more complete, ya know, havin' multiple percussion added to the break..and in some points takin' parts of those percussion out,(or all percussion), to give the beat/track a different feel to it, like it chilled down when it's just the break flowin', then a build up, and ya bring back in all the percussion it kinda springs back to life again, with the bassline kickin' again, etc...
When i first started out 2 years ago, I got some of the same advice the others are tellin' ya on here. It helped me as well, and I'm still learning..like someone said to me once,"you'll never learn everything on Reason because there's so many different options of what you can do with it..." I'm sure it's the same for FL as well..

Keep it up, i'll watch out for the future works of it. pz & respect to ya', and I hope ya didn't mind the mini-novel of a reply here, heh. - Rich

really chill out beat man i like that kind of groove.

how did u get that vocal cut aswell is it just a sample?

definatly what tektiv sed, mayb through some short congas or bongos in fo sho get it a bit fuller

You definitely got something to work on. I like the vocal and the simple melody going on with the brass. You gotta have a rock solid beat down first tho. Even for a minimal sound. I'll be watching to see what you come up with next. Peace.

Mate I really like it. I dont produce myslef but have mates that do and that pleases my ears and theres for sure bud. Keep it comin!

not bad mate just keep going with the sound you have, beef it up a bit and add some effects, and you will be there

Back
Top Bottom