First attempt at DNB > help :)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by lfa, Jun 1, 2011.

1. lfa

lfa New Member

Hi all,

Normally I don't usually make this kind of music, although I love it. I produce more house than anything, although I wanted to give it a try, and would love some comments and/or criticism. I'm more looking for a direction to push it in if you can help.

Danny

2. awfulmodel

awfulmodel Member

Sound quality is good to me, although I think the drum pattern needs more but I still think I suck so who knows. =p

3. lfa

lfa New Member

Cheers dude, yeah the drums need a bit more going on, they are a little on the basic side. The bass is pretty shit too. Gonna jump on Massive when I get in :)

4. jimjimjim

jimjimjim oldskool

hey dude - i like your tune - nice production - sounds crisp.
    would like to hear what happens next.
    peace

5. AltPerception

AltPerception Member

hey man, this is nice. defo wasnt expecting what dropped in thought it ws gunna be a subby, liquid roller but u suprised me! i like :D yer mabey anuther hat loop wouldnt hurt...lovin the cow bells btw :)

6. Structure4

Structure4 Member

Yeah mate, love the pads at the beginning, very old skool which Is what I love in dnb, maybe add a couple of hi passed breaks etc, this vid really helped me learn how to make a dnb break too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYMC57ldgE4

regardless if you like their tunes or not, It helped me a lot.

Bass needs a bit of work I think but all In all I like it mate, keep working hard, nice 1!

7. msmith222

msmith222 redbeard

drums are indeed basic, but this is a VERY solid idea for a dnb tune. i think it hits quite well at the drop, just needs a little variety and some more layers of interest. not really a fan of how busy the bells are, but i like their sound.

8. underspawn

underspawn Headz Roll

Good job on this one, the intro is very good, i love the tiny vocal. U've alrdy been told about the drums and that intro made me expect something more melodic after the drop, everything else is fine imo.

9. lfa

lfa New Member

Thank you all very much for your comments, all of which duly noted :) I've got the day (and weekend) off work now, so I'm going to get some more work done on this. Thank you all again. :)

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 ----------

Ah I've only just worked out about the bells thing. It's because the break in the background is a cut up Bob James - Take Me To The Mardi Gras :)

http://youtu.be/gaoCsmFDLcY