DnB First atmospheric dnb track!

ramsesdr

Greetings guys and gals!
As you can tell, I'm new to this forum (from today) and I would like to grab this opportunity to share my first track with you dnb fans.
Little info in advance :
- sounds of atmospheric / intelligent dnb
- its the first track I've ever made so I'm sure it needs a lot of improvement.
- Its not mastered yet because I've got no idea how to.
- critique, whether that be positive or negative is highly appreciated!

Enjoy listening and thanks for your time!

Well there are a lot of pretty soundscapes in there, and it's not bad at all for a first track. I would not worry about getting tracks mastered for a long time. Just work on your mixing skills. Also I think the break should be in the first drop too. The other drums sound weak and dull.

Thanks for the replies so far guys!

I've been checking out guides about mixing and I realize that I can increase the quality of the track A LOT just by properly mixing it!
Thanks for pointing that out to me ;)

i'd have the amen come in well before the 5 minute mark but that's just my opinion. it sounds great, like IV4 said the soundscapes are wonderful. i agree just work on your mixing and do some compression and limiting to get it louder. you don't have to squash it, especially with a song like this you want to keep the dynamics, but it could use a dash of compression and limiting.

if you really want to go throwback to 90's atmospheric dnb (and that's the vibe i'm getting which i mean as a high compliment), then do some edits with the drums. i like the arrangement you did with the amen but what i mean is chop them up more and add different breaks that very briefly interrupts the amen.

Last edited:
if you really want the atmospheric dnb vibe then you might want to add a 808 melody (in the style of good looking records stuff or adam f's circles) for sub bass.

Back
Top Bottom