Finished an EP, don't know what to do with it

Avizura

Hello!

I am Avizura, I'm a producer from The Netherlands and I produce Drum N Bass with melodic elements.

I've just finished a small album/Extended Play which contains 3 songs.
The tracks vary from deep-melodic with snappy and short beats to uplifting-melodic with punchy beats.
I have no idea what to do with it.
I was thinking of sending it to labels, but they only accept 1 track.
People have told me that I should upload it to a bunch of labels, but what if more than one label likes my track?
Do I just pick-out the one I like best and ignore the other labels?
I really have no clue what to do with it.
I can't post it here either, because it can't be released for the public before I send it to a label, right?

I'm new to this commercial-music thing, I've only sold a few albums on Bandcamp (which are a bit crappy in terms of production)
You can also check-me-out at soundcloud. (While I think the EP I've just made sounds a lot better than the tracks on SoundCloud)

I'm a bit clueless :confused: Can someone help me out?

Thanks,

~Avizura

There have been multiple threads on here about approaching labels over the past few months full of good information.

Have a search.

Ah I will. Bad introduction. I Apologize.
I was just looking for labels which are willing to accept full EPs and do I have to wait till I get a response from every label?
I've looked around on the internet for a while and wanted to get a little more information on releasing full EPs and having to wait for a response.

I already know a few labels, but they only accept a single track, but the album tells some kind of a story so the tracks have to be together.

Asking a label to put out a solo ep from a new artist is quite a bit of work from the label side, which is why you're getting responses back for one track (unless that one track is simply stronger than the rest).

Have you been producing long? I'm going to assume that this is some of your first work. I know it feels good to have a completed set of work (like an EP), but early on it's best not to get too attached to any piece of music. You'll make far, far better works soon. You can easily find net labels that will put your EP out, but I would be wary of being hasty to release. The excitement of getting on any random label wanes quickly. You don't want to compromise quality and you are better off retaining control of your own material (via bandcamp or such). [Side note: I had to argue for the rights back to one of my earlier releases recently and the release was both not available online and originally free so be aware of what you get yourself into.]

If this EP is very important to you, sit on it for a while and make some individual tracks to establish a relationship with the labels you want to be on. Then pitch the idea of the EP.

If two labels bid for the same track, I think it is polite to tell the other label that you signed with another label. It takes a fair bit of time just to sort through demos let alone contact people. ;)

Thanks a lot for the reply tv_g.

I've been producing since 2006-2007, if you search for 'Avizura' on youtube, you'll find a lot of people who have uploaded my creative-commons licenced tracks.
They are free to share my creative commons licenced tracks and use them + provide downloadlinks.

I just wanted to take it a bit further. Many people have told me that my tracks are 'label-worthy', but I don't really know what kind of label they mean?

>>If this EP is very important to you, sit on it for a while and make some individual tracks to establish a relationship with the labels you want to be on. Then pitch the idea of the EP.

This is actually a really nice idea. I will definitly look more into this.
I've written a lot of tunes, you can check me out on Soundcloud, Youtube and Newgrounds. I just don't know on what label my tracks will fit. (Most of my tunes are Drum N Bass, but they are almost always melody driven)

Thanks for the reply

Back
Top Bottom