Find it hard to complete tracks

BassGorilla.com

Founder BassGorilla.com
Why do you find it difficult to complete your tracks? What can you do to improve in this area?

Here are four easy tips that should help you make the most of your time and come up with a ton of new musical ideas, without too much brain-strain.

http://bassgorilla.com/time-management-tips-for-music-producers/

If you have any other ideas, leave a comment at the bottom of the post.

Cheers,
Luke

A lot of people find it hard to complete tracks because they do not have any musical knowledge, so arranging the tune in a coherent musical manner comes hard to some people. Same goes for the technical side. So people get frustrated and give up on the track. These are the main reasons imo.

It's an interesting read, but to be honest the impression I get from the article is that the process can become too forced. I think that there are a lot of things (for me at least) that need to be right before I start work on a track. I don't mean lighting candles and shit (although that can be a nice mood setter) but if it becomes frustrating just stop really, and that can mean stopping for an hour or so or even days/weeks, whatever you need to rest your ears. The other thing is you need to make sure you remember why you're doing it, the main reason being for your own musical self-fulfilment, not just to create the next banger for everyone else to hear.
All that being said there are some good ideas in the article, good stuff (y)

Personally I sometimes find difficulty arranging the tune because like sonic said, i do lack musical theory. However nothing ever determines me to give up on the track completely, I will usually just stop working on it for however long it takes to feel like working on it again. Meanwhile I might start producing another track, or just take a break from producing all together. Thanks for posting that article, great read.

I try to ensure I don't take bounced coppies with me from the studio and listen to WIP versions over and over. It's the worst one that, getting overly familiar with your own produciton to the point where you lose motivation because you have run it dry. I quite often have to listen from the beginning enough times as it is when working on the track itself just to get a feel for where it is going.

Back
Top Bottom