Finally!

Dark Lizardro

The Lizard that has a hammer
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Finally I can post links! haha!

So, I tried a little while ago, to give a shot at a neurofunk/darkstep song. Would you guys tell me what you think? The song is the one in my sig.

Thanks a lot!

hi,

a few things:
1) the beat sounds a bit weak, e.g. the snare should be punchier
2) I didn´t count the bpm but isn´t it very fast? a bit too fast for my taste :)

just my opinion though :)

Greetz
Martin

Dark Lizardro

The Lizard that has a hammer
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
hi,

a few things:
1) the beat sounds a bit weak, e.g. the snare should be punchier
2) I didn´t count the bpm but isn´t it very fast? a bit too fast for my taste :)

just my opinion though :)

Greetz
Martin
Hey man! About the snare, I'll try some things with the snares in my next Dnb song. and about the BPM, it's set to 190BPM, as I felt that the 175BPM was making the track lose some aggressiveness (even the 180BPM was doing that, for me). I've already made a topic about this, and I was told about making the track dj friendly, and try to find other ways to reach the desired aggressiveness.

Anyways, thanks for lending your ears!

180 would be OK for dnb, 190 not in my opinion.

yes its true that fast songs sound more aggressive that slow ones - Just compare Psytrance with Tek ;)
Nevertheless there are elements which make tunes sound "faster" than they really are. The difficulty is to find these elements ;)
I find that e.g. something like a snare in 32th notes in the background of the track can make this effect

Greetz
Martin