DnB Finally liking my mixdown, can someone be brutally honest with where I'm at?

I dig the layout of your tune, elements are all in the right places. Sounds like you have high and low pass filters on the whole track, cutting out the bass and making the high parts sound too thin. Could be these speakers, though. Really like the Japanese voice that sounds like it's being broadcast in an airport lobby. Keep that sound for sure.

i'd like to hear the break a bit more. and there's a hi hat on the offbeat that doesn't seem to fit in properly. other than that it seems pretty good to me.

Yes

I like the samples you've chosen. Needs more of an intro but I guess you are WIP.

The break is nice and crisp and I think it is nicely in time and I like the notes you're going to use but there is no kick presence the bass is a bit loud in the mix. The bass sounds simple but it needs to sound simple on this type of song.

This will be nice when it is finished and I think you should send it to labels rather than making it a free download.

I left feedback,

"Sounds good to me in my cheap headphones. Perhaps the 1-5K region is a smidge bleedy, but could be my shite cans."

Back
Top Bottom