Finally (I'm getting some monitor speakers!)

hm. my cables are male XLR to male RCA - you could easily put a RCA to 1/8" converter on top of that and plug it into your PC.

never had problems when using that setup with my laptop. using an interface tho obviously with my pc - never experienced any BIG losses with the laptop anyways.

not the best way, i know. but still, if you dont got any money to fork out on an interface??

You're right in that it's a good workaround until the funds are available for an interface. To add, I apologize if my post came off as a bit snobbish or dickhead-esque as it was definitely not my intent. After I reread it I thought it may have been perceived as such. Big up on your workaround though!

Cheers!

I wouldnt recommend plugging them into a mixer then routing the PC's output into the mixer.
Most mixers colour the sound. It might not be completely obvious but you won't be getting an accurate representation of your work.
It might be alright with a xone 92 but most other mixers have inferior sound quality.

happy bday mr Fletch
i plug my monitors into my sound card in the pc - i feel ashamed now i read this thread. :-/
but cant afford external sound card atm

peace

to be honest it sounds fine to me - using phono inputs on me monitors.though i havent heard what they are like through xlrs (would be suprised if it made that much difference?)
I guess a decent external card would be 200+ - which i cant do at the mo - then i could use the xlr inputs
i could probly afford 100 now so will wait

I've heard nothing but good news about the saffire 6, I'm currently running my M1 Active MK2's through xlr to 3.5mm cable, getting the saffire 6 on Friday:)

Back
Top Bottom