Finally got around to uploading some tracks. Looking for feedback

Not bad at all! For the sake of disclosure, i tend not to prefer the classic dnb sound (I'm into more dark/atmospheric stuff i guess) so I can't speak to how it stands in relation to other dnb tunes, but here's some observations on Off by One:

The vocal was nice, if a little loud in the mix; it sounds pretty "flat" through the song. maybe tweaking the levels and adding some reverb to it would help some.

I really wanted the drums to be louder in the mix; though also can't tell if it's my headphones. if you have a mate with a car, try popping it in there.

the synths sound nice! I especially like the intro/background synth.

that probably wasn't very helpful, but the tune sounded good. keep making more.

Thanks man! I feel the same way about the vocals, something's not quite right, but I haven't been able to put my finger on it.

I feel like from what I've seen, people who like producing are more into the dark/atmospheric stuff. Maybe it has more attention to the production side than other dnb subgenres or something

I agree with Mossack about the drums in Off by One - maybe you could do with layering it up a bit so hits harder, especially the snare. Everything else about it is great though!

your ideas, particularly regarding the vocal cuts, are really pleasant to listen to! you've definitely got an ear for the melodic side of things. i'd definitely suggest you look into some more authentic sounding drum samples. liquid dnb, with this sort of style in particular, tends to thrive a bit more when it has some natrual elements to the drums, i.e a more 'realistic' kick and snare sample. sounds like you already got the jist with breakbeats on Moving but yeah they are always helpful with realism too. also important is that the drums are at the very forefront in the mix, as it is dnb of course! all in all though some good work here, keep at it.

hello there, nice music!

OFF BY ONE ... i agree to the above, the vocals need work, some variations for example. imo, there is too much repetition. i also suggest to look at frequencies in 500hz, pls check if you can scoop there. that lead coming in from the break is very nice but sticking out far too much, try to mix it down. just a few thoughts .. basically I like this tune and see a lot of potential in this one :2thumbs:

MOVING has a very nice smooth start. the male vox sound generally good, maybe don't match at some point, but is OK to go. same as above, I think the female vox chops need some work. also the drums. also good tune with potential, looking forward to an updated version .. cheers ! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom