Finally finished a track... Scrapheaper - Gibberish (Dubstep/Glitch hop/?)

smoothassilk

VIP Junglist
I've put a lot of work into this one and I feel that it's a step up from my previous tracks (not hard really :D)

Please tell me your opinions, on everything: sound design, mixing/mastering, track structure, rhythm, harmonies, the style of the track... everything.

Original track concept was to make some vaguely KOAN soundy stuff, with a really fun playful vibe, and halfway through I decided that it would be improved by some glitchy mangling too.

Last edited:
Congrats! I'll say there's some great sounds in there and like you said "playful" is a good word for it since it sounds like something that would be on a game. Seriously, it sounds good. As far as structure and style It does sound like two different tracks or styles mixed into one. My opinion is go one way or the other as far as the grimey or "playful". If your looking for the game soundtrack make it completely playful, and if your going for the dancefloor then less jolly and more grime. Good work though with the production and all. I like it of course.

the bass and drums sound good, but that all that there is going on in the main bit. It definitely needs more...
The transitions sometimes felt a bit awkward for me.. That piano for example, came out of nowhere

it all sounds ok
but doesnt seem to quite gel together
maybe drums could use a little more perc and hi hats etc
bass sounds cool but maybe needs filling out abit
or maybe just some fx could bring the sounds together

definitely keep at it tho man

Back
Top Bottom