Finally. A tune. Need serious criticizing (!) feedback before mastering. [NEUROHOP]

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Nucleoid, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Nucleoid

Nucleoid Nucleoid Drum & Bass

So here's a little clip of my Qo - Control Room remix entry. I can't be uploading the full I think, because the contest doesn't allow me so..
    I need all the negative things you can think of. Anything can help, honestly all negativity, come on and bring it!
    I want to make this perfect and thus work out all the flaws, I still have a few weeks to finish it.
    Any comments on EQ/compression are more than welcome, I haven't EQ'ed a lot yet, just spend some 40 minutes on the mixdown, but that's all I guess..

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  2. Skuff

Skuff Well-Known Member

Re: Finally. A tune. Need serious criticizing (!) feedback before mastering. [NEUROHO

Says its not available mate? Did you take it down?

3. Nucleoid

Re: Finally. A tune. Need serious criticizing (!) feedback before mastering. [NEUROHO

Damn, no, but it's on private. I embedded the private link, thinking that would work.. but I might've been wrong :( I don't want it on public yet.. I'll upload it on some other soundcloud account for the time being. Expect it here in about 10 min..

4. Nucleoid

Bump for some feedback :(

5. WhiteFlake

WhiteFlake New Member

the snare needs to be heavier imo, try layering more snares

6. ExplodingMan

ExplodingMan Member

Not my favourite of yours, i think its the tempo, i personally don't think these kind of reece bass's work as well at this kind of speed. Just my opinion though. saaaafe

7. underspawn

underspawn Headz Roll

Not bad, but i also think that it would sound better at faster bpm with 2step pattern maybe

8. unmd

unmd Member

Snare should be more in the front if you get me, try to put some other punchy mid-range snare on it, just to bring the energy in.

9. Nucleoid

I'll start EQing a bit and maybe some sidechaining, but I think the samples in the snare are fine. I hear different things about it a lot. One says it's perfect the other says it's too soft, other says it's too loud. I guess I gotta find a sortof inbetween through EQing and compressing a bit. But I'll definitely get working on the snare!

Thanks for the feedback so far guys, appreciate it :)