Final Scratch VS. Serato Scratch LIVE

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by illv, Mar 16, 2004.

1. illv

illv the winnipeg styler!

Well, RANE is coming out with this model (http://www.rane.com/scratch.html). Who thinks it will be some serious competition? if not better? if not worse?

One final question here is for all you DJs/Producers that have experienced final scratch to date, I am seriously considering buying this product & I would like to know if it would be safe to rip my vinyls at 192 and play them on a PA system. do you think that will still sound nice?

Regards,

illv//

2. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Damn, will check this out when I get home.

I would rip them to 320Kbps, you want the best MP3 quality possible for playing on large sound systems.

3. illv

sdm,

SHITTY deals, so I guess that means I have to encode all of my mp3s to 320, like is there anyway I could get away with 192? or does it really sound that shitty?? I dont quite understand why you need such a high frequency when 192k on a computer just pounds. I understand thats a computer and not a live PA system, like what would happen if I were to play @ 192?

Regards,

illv//

4. klusta

klusta Pulsar

hmmm, i was just thinkin stanton had the market cornered with final scratch....bring on the competition!

anyone know how much this is gonna retail for?

5. Jerel

Jerel Yer mom

Taken from the Serato website - http://http://www.serato.com/products/scratchlive/

Looks like this thing could be better than the current version of Final Scratch. Only a few things worry me: that it runs in OS X or XP and that it's only got a USB 1.1 interface. Other than that, it sounds cool - even comes with CDs that you can use to play directly off CD decks with.

6. illv

Well, in that case what makes you think its going to be better than Final Scratch? since FS is using the traktor software.

Regards,

illv//

7. illv

I'm still sitting here wondering why it isnt good to use 192 bit encoded mp3s live? someone please let me out of this cloud.

illv//