Filling an Ipod classic 160 GB

Dalek657

Hey guys. I have the 160 GB ipod classic and want to reach 40,000 songs eventually. So far I have 5,074 songs on it. These songs take up 57.41 GB. A lot of my songs are at least 6 minutes because I like a lot old and 90s DNB. At least 2,157 songs are at this length. The others are 5:00 or less. 3:00-5:00 minutes seems to be the standard time for most DNB nowadays. Someone told me if I keep adding longer songs like 90s DNB I will not do this. How can I have all the music I want of any length on my Ipod and still reach the 40,000 limit or near it?

if you really want to get 40,000 songs, first you will need 40,000 songs. maths tells me that you need another 34,926.
obtain these then you can use audacity and lower the bitrate of each file to 64kbps and shrink the size of your files so they don't take up so much space.
follow your dreams, you can reach your goals.

if you really want to get 40,000 songs, first you will need 40,000 songs. maths tells me that you need another 34,926.
obtain these then you can use audacity and lower the bitrate of each file to 64kbps and shrink the size of your files so they don't take up so much space.
follow your dreams, you can reach your goals.
Thanks but that's a very long process that I likely won't have time to do

I think if you have a goal or a true calling in life you must follow through and deliver. For your own peace.

Long live the prospect said someone famous ;)

But other people on here must have this Ipod. It's brilliant for storing all your favourite music for listening out. People on here will likely have similar tastes in more old skool DNB at longer lengths and the newer slightly longer length DNB. How have you guys done it?

Thanks but that's a very long process that I likely won't have time to do

Not sure if you got the memo, but he was being sarcastic.
My actual input though: Don't bother counting how many songs you have and whatnot, just fill the iPod up really. Besides, those estimates are never right!

Not sure if you got the memo, but he was being sarcastic.
My actual input though: Don't bother counting how many songs you have and whatnot, just fill the iPod up really. Besides, those estimates are never right!
Do you have an Ipod classic 160 GB?

Its not possible with dnb unless you do what Teddy said, or buy all your dnb at 192. 40,000 would refer to pop songs or rips from a CD

Do you have an Ipod classic 160 GB?
I don't actually own an iPod at all anymore, used to have a 32GB Classic back in the day, but if you look on the actual properties of your iPod, it's never 160GB or whatever exactly, you always get quite a few Gs less. So yeah, I'd just say just carrying on buying your music and just fill that iPod up, no point worrying about limits imo.

I don't actually own an iPod at all anymore, used to have a 32GB Classic back in the day, but if you look on the actual properties of your iPod, it's never 160GB or whatever exactly, you always get quite a few Gs less. So yeah, I'd just say just carrying on buying your music and just fill that iPod up, no point worrying about limits imo.
Why not? I bought it to ensure I can always add new music and don't have to worry about running out of space

assuming a mean average duration of 5 minutes per song, with a bitrate of 128kbps, you will be able to store a natural number n < 35791 songs on your 160GB iPod

so you'll want to reduce the bitrate of each song to a number 96 < x < 128, which I won't figure out by trial and error but hopefully you understand.

Buy MP3 player
Load music onto said player
Listen and enjoy

Life is too short to be doing shit like this. Why not just buy an external hard drive, put all of your music on to that and then change the music on your iPod every 3 months or so. Do you even know how long it would take you to listen to 40,000 songs?

Buy MP3 player
Load music onto said player
Listen and enjoy

Life is too short to be doing shit like this. Why not just buy an external hard drive, put all of your music on to that and then change the music on your iPod every 3 months or so. Do you even know how long it would take you to listen to 40,000 songs?
I get your point but I like a lot of dnb and some different music and want to get as much as possible and 40'000 is an incredible amount and it seems it would be almost impossible to run out.

I get your point but I like a lot of dnb and some different music and want to get as much as possible and 40'000 is an incredible amount and it seems it would be almost impossible to run out.

To be honest (and this is me not ripping at you, but just iPods in general) I don't think your iPod will survive long enough for you to even reach 40,000 songs unless you download a huge number of songs every day.

Back
Top Bottom