Fierce & Zero T - Expose / Clandestine [Quarantine]

Vydx

VIP Junglist
300917-1.jpg

http://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/vinyl/76299-qrn2007-fierce-zero-t
Expected release date: 05/08/16

Hmmmm...

Now please don't get me wrong here, Fierce & Zero T are two of my favourite artists & Quarantine, well, fuck... I would argue its as relevant as Headz or Exit or Virus etc etc in its contribution to the genre, not only historically, but present day...

But just playing devils advocate a bit here...

Do both of these tracks not sound "samey" for want of a better term here to anybody? As in, both tracks following a similar structure, drum pattern, bassline, atmospheric/pad setup etc etc...

Or is it just me being an old cunt? :)

Hmmmm...

Now please don't get me wrong here, Fierce & Zero T are two of my favourite artists & Quarantine, well, fuck... I would argue its as relevant as Headz or Exit or Virus etc etc in its contribution to the genre, not only historically, but present day...

But just playing devils advocate a bit here...

Do both of these tracks not sound "samey" for want of a better term here to anybody? As in, both tracks following a similar structure, drum pattern, bassline, atmospheric/pad setup etc etc...

Or is it just me being an old cunt? :)

old cunt, leave the music to the kids grandpa :teeth:

49634067.jpg

ps, regarding the tunes I am liking them but have to agree they do sound samey

Fuck my comment?

Theres no need for that now is there...

I think its a pretty well founded & worded opinion...

I tend to not comment if i don't like something especially when it comes to music, i like these tunes, hence why i asked a question...

So, i take it you don't find the tunes similar in anyway whatsoever?

It's the Quarantine recipe, if it was tweaked too much it might not be Quarantine anymore. I'm all for it, this sound was almost lost when Fierce shutdown Quarantine all those years ago, happy to see it back again in it's rightful home.

Quarantine tunes are always made to a very specific and delicious formula - occasionally there might be something leftfield like Immaculate or Dream Sequence, but generally you know what you're gonna get and you know it's gonna be good

That said, not feeling this release so much as previous ones over past 18 months

Fuck my comment?

Theres no need for that now is there...

I think its a pretty well founded & worded opinion...

I tend to not comment if i don't like something especially when it comes to music, i like these tunes, hence why i asked a question...

So, i take it you don't find the tunes similar in anyway whatsoever?

Hey man. Sorry i didn't mean to offend. All I'm saying is that Quarantine has a distinctive sound and a sound which is missing from our genre at the moment. So i am glad that these tunes are being made and i can see why peeps think they sound the same but i love them in the mix!

We always moan when a producer does something different so in this case i cherish the fact that they have maintained the same sound. And they are doing something rightas their sales have been excellent

Cool man :2thumbs: For real, I was having a convo with Vydx & a couple of others saying really & truly Quarantine are really the only label out there, pushing what I would term " the proper d&b roller for the headz" really...

I get what you're saying completely & agree about maintaining & pushing a sound

I just think these are a bit "lazy" next to each other, in a sense, that's all...

I'll keep quiet next time :teeth:

Compare tunes from 5 years ago to today's it's all the same shit, 2006 seems like a golden age compared to know

It's real Drum & Bass, with just drums and bass and not neuro style dubstep sounding noises all over it ruining it.

WE WANT MORE OF IT!

Cool man :2thumbs: For real, I was having a convo with Vydx & a couple of others saying really & truly Quarantine are really the only label out there, pushing what I would term " the proper d&b roller for the headz" really...

I get what you're saying completely & agree about maintaining & pushing a sound

I just think these are a bit "lazy" next to each other, in a sense, that's all...

I'll keep quiet next time :teeth:

Haha all good pal, no never keep quiet, always voice your opinion.

Really wish Fierce played out more, havnt seen him in years, would love to hear an hour of these rollers

Back
Top Bottom