Field Hire for party?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Burkey, May 13, 2012.

1. Burkey

Burkey New Member

Basically its my 21st birthday soon and I was wondering if anyone knows any fields or large open spaces you can rent south of london (I live in surrey) since me and a few mates are thinking of having a mini festival for our mates! renting a pa system and getting some mates to DJ!

Any help much appreciated

Sam

2. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

Will there be a finger buffet?

3. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

My name is Sam too. Can I come?

4. Burkey

Burkey New Member

If someone helps me sort a venue they are fully welcome to finger as many buffet's as they like ;)

5. danwell

danwell BAAAAAAAAAAAAABE WAIT

if you need any dj's i got a few mates that will help out.. as for the field i have no idea, ask some farmers or something

6. Burkey

Burkey New Member

at the moment they have nowhere to DJ :( Anyone got any suggestions... Ive tried all kinda searches on google and not really got very far!! Somewhere below london would be ideal south east!

7. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

8. JJEC

JJEC Active Member

Leebotwood, Shropshire, United Kingdom, United Kin
    Come up to the Shire! We have plenty of fields here, oo ar oo ar.

9. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

have fun with the police who will be there in 10 mins of the party to close it down.

10. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

When I lived in Lowestoft, Suffolk, I used to work at a holiday camp just next to Pleasurewood Hills. One hot summer saturday afternoon, me and a few of the chef's hired a generator, and on a whim, arranged a little field party on Corton Cliffs, which is situated just behind the theme park (if you can call it that!). We found an empty field which was adjacent to a small country road, so it was easily accessible and setup!

Was a top day / night! Had a PA system setup, with decks n shit! Took plenty of food and drink, the standard football, frisbee and other amusement toys to keep everyone entertained, a BBQ etc etc. We started partying about 4 - 5pm, at about 9pm we got interupted by the police........

There were two male coppers, came over to us, made us turn the music off etc. Anyway, they basically asked what we were doing, and why.....we were honest, and said that we had all been working extremely hard throughout the week, it was a beautiful summers evening, and we all just wanted to relax, and have some fun. Most of us lived on the holiday site we worked on, so there wasnt any space for us all to get together and unwind. We was curtious and said that we would clean up any mess before we left and showed them the rolls of black sacks we had taken along to do exactly that (We may have been having a party, but we aint no litterbugs!)

After checking most of us out, looking around the field and asking a few more questions, one of the coppers surprised us all and said that because we was nowhere near any residential areas, or town centres / industrial areas etc, it wasnt that big a deal. We also had a result that the land didnt actually belong to anyone so it wasnt classed as tresspassing! They then told us that they will be back in the morning to check for debris, and knew where we all worked so if it wasnt clean they'd have us on some littering charge lol!

The party continued!..........Then at about 11pm, the same two coppers came back, in their civvies! Said that they thought we all looked like we were having a good time and wondered if they could join us?!?! opened their boot and had a shit load of beer and spirits! It was such a random, but amazing evening! One of the coppers even cracked out a bag of tweed and started wrapping one up! Mental shit!

Party carried on until about 5am! by which point everyone was pretty much unconcious in the field!

11. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Where in south east? If u look a deers leap there are places there.

12. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

13. Mr G

Mr G Old Cunt From 19 Longtime

Gunton Hall was it, i've been there...and Pleasurewood Hills, more like a decent fair then a theme park.

14. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Are you serious bro? You are searching for a field on google?? :lol:

Best bet is imo - drive around and ask the farmers personally, you won´t get very far on the internet.

15. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Just use google maps and nosey about for somewhere easy to get to, I know people have used it to find abandoned warehouses in Manchester for Freeparties!

If you find somewhere that looks good, take a few mates an play football on there to see if you get bollocked for tresspassing... If not then your sorted.

16. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Indeed it was sir!

17. Burkey

Burkey New Member

haha I like this story a lot! so its definitely possible then!

Well yeah for an initial search?! I thought there may be fields that people rent out specifically for this kind of thing!

Thing is I go to uni in Bristol and I want to have it back home... I'm not back in South London till the end of June and my Bday is the 5th July! :(