FFFFFFFFFFFF

Cat Gas

Aka Basis
VIP Junglist
I'm learning a new DAW. Ableton.

Just thought I'd vent my frustration.
I'm not really sure I like it's interface and it's file browser thingy compared to FL9 so far.

dude you just gotta keep practicing and getting used to the UI
ableton have some mega powerful plugins and effects!
learn how to use both views not just the one , helps loads!

subprime

Dysjoint
VIP Junglist
Haha, I remember the feeling when I tried to get into Reaper. I haven't given up, just postponed it for a while and a half. I don't really feel the need, but if you think it's gonna benefit, keep plugging. Damn frustrating tho.

if you stick to it you wont regret it i went from FL to ableton it changed my life haha the sequencer is the fucking best, i personally rarely use session view..

Cat Gas

Aka Basis
VIP Junglist
whoahwhoahwhoah.
I just read I can't use VSTs in Ableton?

How am I meant to get my basslines?! :|
Unless I have to make some silly process of making a blank tone in massive as a standalone, export it, and loading it into Simpler...

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist
yeah mate... just put a shortvut to the vst in the ableton vst folder i think?

i've definately got massive to work in ableton, but it ws time ago so can't totally remember :/

Krispy

VIP Junglist
oh i have like like 6 vsts working in ableton

if you go to options and preferences there is a spot in there to specify the vst folder (where you put all the .dll files)

Freek

Lets get freeeeeeky
VIP Junglist
i tried to do the move from cubase to ableton a few times but it just frustrates me! tbh tho atm i dont see the need to move yet as im confident enuff with cubase and it does what i want. the only problem i find is not being able to put vst effects onto a midi track.

ARTFX

Artist, sound designer and tutor
VIP Junglist
I tried it once, moving from FL Studio to Reason, but it was a total pain in the ass.
Nowadays I'm working on FL Studio 9 combined with some aspects from Cubase.

Gives me the best workflow in combination with my VST plugins.