Few questions about CDJ100MK3

Junglist_007

learning difficulties
VIP Junglist
This is probly stupid question but it's confusing me. I just got Pioneer CDJ100MK3. My first time mixing with CDJ. What tempo do I have to select to match my Technic deck? It say's 6, 10, 16 and wide? Which one is it I select to best match to dnb? I would look in mannual but I bought it second hand and didn't come with one. Also what's master tempo button? Also why is it I have to turn the gain right down on the mixer? Flashes straight into the red if I leave it at 12 o clock postion. Is that normal? When I mix on my deck I leave the gain at 12 postion and it's fine. I was told it was easy mixing with CDJ's lol, I still prefer my vinyl. Cheers guys :shades:

use any mate. if your using 6 you will have to move the pitch less. and 16 you will have to move it more

the master will adjust the whole tempo and pitch of the tune.

The cdjs run hotter than 1210s, this is why you have to turn it down.

use any mate. if your using 6 you will have to move the pitch less. and 16 you will have to move it more

the master will adjust the whole tempo and pitch of the tune.

The cdjs run hotter than 1210s, this is why you have to turn it down.

Cheers for the reply I keep it on 6. I thought it might of been faulty that's why it was going into the reds. I'm new to whole CDJ mixing. Thought I have to go with the times and get one. I still prefer my vinyl over CD's. That pitch control takes bit of getting use to feels so light (if you get what I mean). Not like 1210 pitch feels heavy.

yeh mate took me a while to get used to mine. I prefer the pitch on the 1210 too, but the cdjs are more practical. best of both!

its because digital signals (cdj) run at a higher amplitude. This is why its louder than analogue (1210)

Last edited:
So many fluff answers here :rolleyes:

You 100% want to have the pitch set to 10 - Some clubs still use 800s which only have the 10 setting so if you get used to 6, you'll be thrown off when its 10.

Always leave the Master Tempo button on! Reason being if you clang like fuck you can spin the wheel back without it making that massive pitch change like it would on a Technic.

The gain of your tracks is why it comes out louder, nothing whatsoever to do with it being digital! If your track you burn is 88db, it will come out at 88db so on so forth. I used MP3 gain for ages at 88db, then when I realised this was dumb i left my tracks alone and now the are all at 95, therefore I have to crank up my old tunes considerably seeing as I'm on a Xone 62 (thee most bent gain curve ever!)

No manual?? Google is your friend - http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/archive/CDJ-1000 MK3/media.html

Sorted?

So many fluff answers here :rolleyes:

You 100% want to have the pitch set to 10 - Some clubs still use 800s which only have the 10 setting so if you get used to 6, you'll be thrown off when its 10.

Always leave the Master Tempo button on! Reason being if you clang like fuck you can spin the wheel back without it making that massive pitch change like it would on a Technic.

The gain of your tracks is why it comes out louder, nothing whatsoever to do with it being digital! If your track you burn is 88db, it will come out at 88db so on so forth. I used MP3 gain for ages at 88db, then when I realised this was dumb i left my tracks alone and now the are all at 95, therefore I have to crank up my old tunes considerably seeing as I'm on a Xone 62 (thee most bent gain curve ever!)

No manual?? Google is your friend - http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/archive/CDJ-1000 MK3/media.html

Sorted?

full of fluff answers. :teeth:

russ.. because i'm lazy and can't be bothered to google, what sensitivity do you have your jog wheel set too? my cdjs at hope are cack and they arn't sensitive, so when i went and played on some 1000s the other night i nudged the platter and it knocked my mix out completely (it was on cd mode).. any recommendations or just keep using it til i find what suits (and mess up a lot along the way?)

12'oclock - ive found this to be the same as the 800s and the 400s ;)

And ffs people dont use the Thanks feature for the correct purpose anymore :lol:

cheers mang, you can probably imagine its a bit odd going from cdjs that literally have a jog wheel, eject button and a pitch control, the going into a club and trying to figure out this all singing all dancing contraption whilst trying to mix haha

Back
Top Bottom