Feonix - Experimental, Minimal DnB WIP need feedback

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Feonix, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Feonix

Feonix New Member

Safe, a weird sample inspired minimal, experimental DnB tune. Needs somethin else though, so if anyone can help me out with some comments I'd be grateful.

2. neddez

neddez Member

big up the Bangor massive lol, know any Serbians?

0.45 to 1.06 is absolutely sick and is teetering on the cutting edge minimal stuff coming out (reminds me of Rags alot)
    only thing id change in this section is that kick drum? (its like a dull thud, i think a kick boosted at 90-100hz would sound much better)

i dont like that sort of dull lead that starts at 1.08, and also the fart one at 1:28 (maybe the fart would sound good lowpassed or with a massive wet reverb... dunno)

good job

3. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Really dig the percussive work on this, but it's a little too minimal for me, and repetative.

4. parsons19

parsons19 Active Member

Sounds like its gunna be awesome! But, sorry for this, but the lead brings this one down a lot. I reckon this could be an amazing track as all the percussion work is top! Needs more though I think, in my opinion!

5. Nucleoid

Nucleoid Nucleoid Drum & Bass

Yea definitely good feel to this one. Keep it up!
    But I don't really like the sample/synth that comes in on 1.06. Also I suggest you add a snare. If you want the dnb atmosphere you gotta have a snare, if anything. Doesn't need to be a snare/clap sample though, a simple click or short note/whatever could do the trick.

6. Feonix

Feonix New Member

Safe guys, thanks a lot. Yeah, that 1:06ish lead bit was just a little tester, seein if it work.. clearly didn't haha.
    I'll have a play around with it and see how it turns out.