female mcs

sub vibes

i personally dont think i have heard a female mc that has been of any quality...im not talking so much about the vocalists. Tali, for example is a reasonable vocalist but when it comes to chatting i dont think she compares...due mainly possibly to tone and from what ive seen they dont seem to have the same presence on stage as blokes,
but this is from a female perspective and someone suggested to me the other day that this might be why i dont like it as much but im not sure
just wondered what everyones thoughts are. :)

Got enuff respect for the vocalists like Tali, Di, Sian Kosheen etc but when people like Lady MC and Chickaboo get on the mic, then my selective deafness comes into action.

I think its a BIT like horse racing commentating>>> if a woman does it, it sound off key.

However there ARE some wicked female MC's, but its as relative as it is to male MC's imo. So for example, I only like 1 out of 10 male MC's I hear, and its the same for female MC's. One thing Ive noticed is that most of the female MC's I like are hip hop and gayrage MC's.

I like female MC's, especially if their voice is really shouty and with atitude. The bird MC outta Misteeq, she's got a really good voice, just a pity she spits over gayrage, betta over drum 'n' bass methinks.

LOL I used to MC and emabarass myself, personally I think that lady mc's over dnb just don't have the right voice.

Spooky, Tali, Lady MC, they're all weak imo

But saying that, I don't like many mc's anyway !

Used to love them but lately they just piss me off and drown out my music! :lol:

Originally posted by Triple M
I think Zestie should record some of her MC'ing skillz and stick some audio on the site...
dont ya think lads??!!

I second that, should be a laff:D

Back
Top Bottom