Feeling a little disillusioned?

dnbkingz

bollocks
VIP Junglist
So basically i was running through Redeye and chemical and 2bh hardly anything took my fancy.
Now i know i'm usually the first to say 'well, they don't make 'em like they used to' and all that bollocks but there was still at least a good handfull of things forthcoming to keep me erect. But now it seems that the majority of producers have also given up and just stuck to the presets that others have made because 'it sells'. Either that or they've just made bits that sound like their previous work only with few tweaks.

Please tell me i'm wrong and post good listenings in this thread that will make me want to buy them. Please.

The thing that always annoyed me was the incredably long waith for vinyl to acually hit the shelves.. I know of lots of good stuff that i want but none of it seems to be about. Like micro organism etc.. that was on the neosignal podcast 2 ages ago. There is a link to icicles last rinse apperence on here somewhere and that definatly worth a listen!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to be the norm in genres now, a new style comes out and people rinse it until everyones bored of it then move on to the next thing

There's always dubstep

lol

---------- Post added at 06:49 ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 ----------

Even you must like Icicle - Dreadnaught kingz?

It is a monster of a tune, but surprisingly some people just don't think it's worth putting money on... baffling.

---------- Post added at 06:50 ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 ----------

Come over to the darkside young man!

hehe

Even you must like Icicle - Dreadnaught kingz?

mmmm not really. Not into all the glitchy minimaly stuff 2bh.

Come over to the darkside young man!

i have however been listening to the therapy sessions CD's quite a bit over the past week or so. The Limewax one hasn't left my playlist since forever lol.

idk about the one's posted. They're good yeah, but not something i'd shell out for on wax.
I'm still waiting for r-type, up all night and them Hardware re-presses to drop. THEN i'll start shelling out some ££'s (but once again, they're all old tunes)

Maybe i've just lost my soul :(

I just listen to some different music for a bit when this happens, go back tobeing 13 and listening to Jurassic 5 and Rage Against The Machine for a bit. Keeps everything fresh!

You never had a soul Kingz. What with your penchant for flowery shirts and pringle socks

:teeth:

I've never done such terrible things Mr Wayne. NEVER!

Dreadnaught, glitchy minimal... wtf lol.

hahah glitchy minimal... lols...

As for you two.
Yes it is, and i don't like it.

I just listen to some different music for a bit when this happens, go back tobeing 13 and listening to Jurassic 5 and Rage Against The Machine for a bit. Keeps everything fresh!

Have been. Been going back through my old metal and herp derp collections on my HD even they need a few more new additions 2bh but it is something to while away the hours i suppose.

I think i'm going for 'has no soul' on this one *sadface*

deleted my post im not gonna argue, music is now repetitive generic reconstructions of previous songs with nobody pushing boundries

deleted my post im not gonna argue, music is now repetitive generic reconstructions of previous songs with nobody pushing boundries

not nice to admit, but its true!
thats why imo jump up is DEAD! everyone is following the leader leader, follow the leader ....... :/ lol
atleast with the more minimal deep vibes, there seems to be more original kinda tunes coming out, instead of everyone doing the same thing

Im guessing your more into your jump up? cus imo jump up has died, thats why i have started playing the darker, deeper, liquid vibes!

Not really. I'm a bit of a jump up snob 2bh. 80% of it can fuck off.
I'm more a late 90's man.

Precisely.
Let's all go by this assumption and pretend we never heard anything new or innivative ever so miserable cunts like me can make threads stating this piece of almost not quite fact.

Back
Top Bottom