DnB Feedback wanted

ok i dont wanna give any production advices because i dont see myself as such a producer but i feel that if we want get advices we have to keep this place alive :) i have to say that i really like your intro but after the drop it feels kinda subby and the mid range base a little weak but i like the ideas in whole tune.. to be fair i wish i could make something like that xD

like this man, id say the drums need to cut through more and kind of boss the track, at the moment they seem overpowered by the bass. good work though man bass movement is good

Enjoying the sci-fi vibes, soundscape'y business, progression and overall feel, but after the drop there's not much going on in the midrange, the tune is basically split into the sub and a lot of action in the highs.

I'd look over the whole mixdown again to fatten up the drums and filling the midrange.

I also hate that snare.

Cheers everyone thanks for the advice!

I'm going to see if I can make some further amendments and see what it comes out like.

I'm struggling with mixing and EQ but I think I just need years of practice!

Really good build up but wasn't expecting it to drop the way it did! I think the hihats need bringing down in the mix slightly and possibly layer some breaks but good.vibes

This is cool! I like the drop, especially the scifi sounds, reminds me of pendulum. The only advice I would give really is work on EQ everything a little more, the kicks and snare. THe bass is super nice and I really liked the structure of this song, it has a nice flow. Good job man, keep going!

Enjoying the sci-fi vibes, soundscape'y business, progression and overall feel, but after the drop there's not much going on in the midrange, the tune is basically split into the sub and a lot of action in the highs.

I'd look over the whole mixdown again to fatten up the drums and filling the midrange.

I also hate that snare.

Listening again, I hate the snare too. It doesn't sound right, need to change it.

wicked build up, but not matched by the drop! its definitely the drums that need work. I'm guessing that shaker sound you programmed yourself? I always use shaker loops because theyre very hard to recreate well by programming hats. The kick and snare need to sound through louder, but thats already been said. I'd consider changing up the kick notes, throwing in some syncopated kicks could give it a nice groove. Also, I'd throw some breaks in behind what you have to make it bounce and roll. And consider changing the kick n snare samples, better drum samples will make it sound immediately better, there's loads of good refill packs (friction/icicle, danny byrd, nutone, total science etc etc) with loads of good sounds to use

wicked build up, but not matched by the drop! its definitely the drums that need work. I'm guessing that shaker sound you programmed yourself? I always use shaker loops because theyre very hard to recreate well by programming hats. The kick and snare need to sound through louder, but thats already been said. I'd consider changing up the kick notes, throwing in some syncopated kicks could give it a nice groove. Also, I'd throw some breaks in behind what you have to make it bounce and roll. And consider changing the kick n snare samples, better drum samples will make it sound immediately better, there's loads of good refill packs (friction/icicle, danny byrd, nutone, total science etc etc) with loads of good sounds to use

Thanks for the feedback! This is great!

Yes I programmed it in via midi and I knew it didn't sound particularly great, I'm finding the percussion really difficult. I'll check out some sample packs, and replace the sounds. Where would you suggest getting them from?

Yeah man that's pretty cool. I think you might have actually overdone the EQing. Keep in mind that you always lose energy when taking out too much frequencies. You shouldn't try to apply all the EQ rules you may have heard. First and foremost should do whatever sounds best. And if you find your mix being to muddy then react to that by getting rid frequencies that you think don't belong there. After time you'll get the hang of it and can mix as you go along. I see great potential here. Don't mess it up.

Cheers

Thanks for the tips again!

I've been trying to sort out the mix but every time I try anything it ends up sounding worse!

I've taken everything off and starting again from the ground up. Started by just concentrating on the drums and sub bass. Hopefully work my way to the top frequencies last.

I'm hoping I get it to sound better

Back
Top Bottom