feedback on what ive done so far?!

joka89

yo, pretty new to all this dnb production and have been trying to learn logic over the past month. Heres a link to a clip of track im currently working on. Still needs to be mixed down and some elements need adding but would be appreciated if any of you guys could give me some sort of feedback! safeee

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wnxgug

try stickin it on soundcloud mate not many people are willing to download stuff to listen

It's a good drum sound. Right now it feels like sections, but they're "chunking" - like 1st 16 bars, second 16 bars, drop. Make it more of a continuous build.

Maybe hold your "full power" drum loop until the drop. Just adding the sub works too, so no worries.

But yeah, that drop does it, sounding good to me - nice balance and everything. Just think about a call and response bass line - so you've got "wah wah" now you need "pluft tick it" after it once in a while, eh?

Hesitating to say it...kick is a little bit clicky, might think about layering another kick on top of it (perhaps from a break).

peace,
J.P.

cheers mate gonna get back to it later and change it up a bit! yeah was thinking that the kicks werent punchy enough but wasn't to sure about compression etc but layering them up sounds good. How would u eq the other kicks?

Nice drum m8!
but the melody is quite basic, try to add some texture, fx or similar;
ah... i dont hear the sub bass, make it louder

safe for the feedback guys keep it coming :), gonna work on it later and add some more layers! Can anyone suggest what I should eq the sub bass and kicks to so their not too overpowering??

Back
Top Bottom