Feedback on my new track

Disto

Desperatley after some production feedback on my new track. Gotta say that this is my first DnB tune, so don't expect too much.

After some more specific feedback, such as what elements people like / dislike, what you'd do differently etc...

You can find the track on myspace or soundcloud linked below.

Like I say, my first track so not expecting any miracles, just aiming to make the next track a shitload better!

Cheers

www.myspace.com/distodubs

www.soundcloud.com/disto-1

Sounds good but I gotta say to me it sounds a little clinical, like everything is overly compressed. The sounds are good but they just dont seem to have any life in them if you know what I mean. Sorry to sound so negative, the actual sounds and structure of the track are top draw, it just doesnt feel like it has any movement to it...

well done for a first go i would have liked to have heard a little more variety but the drops were really nice rather enjoyed em keep it up looking forward to hearing another

got a nice riff going on there, altho it could use some variations, id turn up the vocal thing a bit (im saying that with every tune nowerdays tho, so could be me..) and i thought the intro was a bit boring.

apart from that, very nice stuff for the first attempt at dnb. what did you do before if i may ask?

Cheers mate. Was producing rock before this, have been playing around with the odd breakbeat and dubstep track before but nothing major. Thanks for the feedback, will post it up again once I've worked on it some more.

got a nice riff going on there, altho it could use some variations, id turn up the vocal thing a bit (im saying that with every tune nowerdays tho, so could be me..) and i thought the intro was a bit boring.

apart from that, very nice stuff for the first attempt at dnb. what did you do before if i may ask?

Cheers mate. Was producing rock before this, have been playing around with the odd breakbeat and dubstep track before but nothing major. Thanks for the feedback, will post it up again once I've worked on it some more.

would love to hear that tbh :D

It seems quite flat and dry. Especially the pad and sub. The hats are too...sort of...hard edged, not really flowing. Especially during the intro. The drop comes out of nowhere, and in the main part of the song there's a complete lack of sub. Also, the snare seems to lack depth.

Sorry if that seemed too harsh, I was just listening and pedantically listing everything I heard :|

Back
Top Bottom