Feedback on me Mcin

I agree that hip hop by such (unfortunately cliche) artists as Tupac and Biggie were very musical, and did indeed have a meaningful story. While some hip hop artists still follow in their footsteps, there is also alot of rap "music" by some "artists" like - *God help us* - Soulja Boy Tell 'Em. If you've heard some of his songs, you might be inclined to believe the viewpoint some people have of rap's "lacking" musical ability.

I personally am indifferent to the subject, but I just thought that some people really (by no fault of their own) get exposed to the worse side of the hip hop/rap scene.

Fair point. Yeah, I've heard Soulja Boy. Only once though, haha.

Im from the UK and I don't like English rap music too much. But theres a few DnB MC's that are really good at hyping up the crowd and don't take it to far. But this I thought was pretty good. However US Hip Hop is my second most fave genre (DnB first of course), I like rap artists like wu tang and immortal technique.

I don't see the point in mcing unless you are complementing the track or hosting.
Most D&B djs have awful lyrics.
Most people who think they can spit are awful.

You arent going to get anywhere if you don't have your own style and no DJ is going to want you to mc over their set if you're chatting shit.

Never talk about guns over a set or being derogatory towards women.
Try to create a good atmospere you are mcing over someones set its not a live PA.

If you actually write lyrics....

Paint me a picture.....
Start reading to improve your vocabulary.

Please dont use the word 'like' in every bar e.g
''Im a big cheese like cheddar''

Exactly.

One of the reasons i quite like Harry Shotta. Listen to the xtravagence mix with heist, some pretty intelligent lyrics.

To the OP.

Fuck it bro. Everyone starts somewhere. If you love doing it, keep at it.
As farrrr too many MC's spit about... Fuck all the haters,

;)

Back
Top Bottom