Feedback on me Mcin

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Bass2Dark666, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Bass2Dark666

Bass2Dark666 Member

I used to enjoy mcin back in school days where fellow students were not ready for me due to the fact they have never heard this genre of music however if you do have some time can you please provide me with some feedback. Thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIoNOIWkves

2. spiderfran286

spiderfran286 "Yes, squid pro roe..."

SEMI AUTOMATIC...BLAP BLAP BLAP.....

u sound like Phil Mitchell btw....

3. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

honestly?
    its not very good, and here is why ..

- it sounds like u have a frog in ur throat

- its not very original is it? yes, the next one come, sounds of the bass and drum!!!

fisher price, my first rhyming dictionary.

write some lyrics about something.... anything!!!

4. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

5. PostmanPat

PostmanPat I'll cum in your arse.

Can we have these lyrics in writing please? :)

6. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Your delivery is ok-ish, but you mumble alot. Being an MC isn't always about chatting 1000 words a minute. You were doing the bidibidibidibidi shit, and I fucking hate that. As Teddy said, write some proper lyrics and next time you record it, do it when no one else is home. You sounded like you were chatting quiet on this clip to save from someone walking in to find out just what the fuck you were doing.

7. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

loop a james brown break at 88 bpm and say some rhymes about the dj. you know the dip-dip-die to the so-socialize or similar, this here is difficult to know what youre going for. are you a rapper?

8. sten360

sten360 Member

Offtopic but I seriously don't get the appeal of MCing. When I go to a party or something I want to hear the damn music, not some dude saying random shit to the beat...
    Just like rap basically, don't get how people can consider it music lol.

9. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

i dont get how they can call the sound of the the waves coming in or the wind in the trees music. but i have a feeling it might be.

10. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

I used to love mcin' until i started mixing. now the only MC i can tolerate is people like MC SP. and the chilled ones.

11. Subjekt Music

Subjekt Music Well-Known Member

I hope you have a day job

12. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

mcs are not shite, dey make the music much more better to lisen 2. instrumental drum n bass is boring thats why djs like 2 ave mcs on their sets

13. Subjekt Music

Subjekt Music Well-Known Member

I reckon you could still go up there naaaah, I bet you didnt even know that

14. TetraEleven

TetraEleven Producer/Idiot Savant

I don't know, I think OP has potential. I know he was going for that guttural tone, but it sounded like he was just parched. If he can get the tone down, and practice enough so that he doesn't have little blabber moments, I think he could do just fine.

15. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

You need a catchy one liner ! That is original to just you and will hype up a crowd. Most mc's have this because one its a hype ting two when mc's get to a rave alot of people dont no who they are untill they come out with there one liner

16. jimjimjim

jimjimjim oldskool

17. Ray Sparra

Ray Sparra Member

I noticed you didn't have a microphone, you're gonna need one of those if you're going to be a MC

Get a notepad too and carry it with you at all times, you could get inspiration for a bad rhyme anytime, looking out the window of a bus, in the queue in Tescos, anywhere,
    also get tape packs of innovation in the sun, Safe

18. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

lol, why?

19. Alex_Dillon

Alex_Dillon Member

Why is rap not music? its story telling spat over a beat... Have you ever sat down and listened to a good hip hop / rap track ?

Being a drum and bass fan (Im guessing you are anyway, due to the fact your a member on the forum) I would have thought you would have a more open mind to underground music.
    Im sick of the general society stereotyping drum and bass as ''oh, its just that dun dun dun dance music'' Im sure you've heard it before, so why do the same ? You should appreciate all music, everything brings something different.

As for the mc'in, well, I havent listened to it, only because the connection was being gay. From the comments Ive read, its doesnt sound like your the next shotalot.

Dont go for popdidibiddle shit, unless thats the style you want. As you've probably found out not too many ravers or drum and bass listeners are too fond of it. For me, a good MC will say a few meaning bars after the main drop, and then let it roll for maybe 8 or 16 and come in again. But thats just me.

20. TetraEleven

TetraEleven Producer/Idiot Savant

I agree that hip hop by such (unfortunately cliche) artists as Tupac and Biggie were very musical, and did indeed have a meaningful story. While some hip hop artists still follow in their footsteps, there is also alot of rap "music" by some "artists" like - *God help us* - Soulja Boy Tell 'Em. If you've heard some of his songs, you might be inclined to believe the viewpoint some people have of rap's "lacking" musical ability.

I personally am indifferent to the subject, but I just thought that some people really (by no fault of their own) get exposed to the worse side of the hip hop/rap scene.