Feedback on Jungle/Fidget/Breakbeat Tune

anexpresso

So last night and this morning all I could think about was mixing jungle and fidget house and of course with that breakbeat influence all into one song. I don't know if this has been done before but when I got home today I decided to try it and came out with this. I hope you enjoy it, I've only been making music for a few months but I wanna keep fusing jungle and fidget and see how that goes. :thumbsup:

So anyways take a listen please and tell me what I should work on, how it is and any other comments/constructive criticism, thank you. By the way I'm using Reason 4 and just that at the moment.

http://soundcloud.com/anexpresso/must-sleep

here's my myspace too
http://www.myspace.com/anexpresso

You should work on not trying to fuse jungle and fidjit house together, it really doesnt work.

It just sounds like two different genres of tracks thrown together, beats sound all out of time and nothing gels or compliments anything. Decide which genre you prefer, jungle or fidjit house, then focus on creating that style.

Alternatively, I'd like to hear you fuse folk rock and techno!!!!

the hits of your amen break have a completly different attack rate than your kick drum, thus making the beat sound out of time.
I am personally not a very big fan of snare drums hitting at the same time as kick drums like with house music.

the second drop at 2.48 sounds alot better without the mix and match breaks.

stick at it if you enjoy trying to cross over genres and i think eventually you may find 2 genres that work together, however these do not! the bassline is very irritating after it loops 250 times.

Wow I see what you guys mean, thanks. I think I'll just stick to jungle since it's my favorite genre anyways. Any tips I should know before making a lot of jungle?

just get some nice amen breaks and some booming bass sounds ;) its quite easy to acheive a nice jungle sound

what about jungle structure? i listen to a shitload of old skool jungle but when trying to make it it's like i'm a complete dumbass. whats a good structure to follow and when should i add which drums and stuff?

Back
Top Bottom