Feedback - my tracks suck?

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by concept beats, Jan 6, 2016.

1. concept beats

concept beats New Member

hi guys
    i've been into production and beatmaking since 2012, i've mainly produced sample-based hip hop.
    I have always loved drum and bass but i've never been this good to make a decent electronic track with custom synth, bass and stuff, but i recently dedicated myself a lot into dnb production and these 2 tracks are a little step forward for me.

i love the minimal/dark style with fat sub basses, creepy atmosphere, big plucks and rolling beats. Artists like Prolix, Amoss and Dub Motion are the ones I like.

i've used NI massive and Logic retro synth for all the sounds you can hear in the tracks, i layered and sequenced the drums with NI Battery 4

Just wanted to receive some feedback and tips, i hope you'll enjoy these tunes.

thanks a lot for the attention and big up everybody
    Concept

2. Kyba

Kyba Mew Nember

I really like your sound. I enjoyed both tracks and I think you've got good song writing skills. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you tbh

concept beats likes this.
  3. concept beats

concept beats New Member

thanks Kyba C: glad to hear that, send me your productions via Soundcloud messages if you want

4. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

The arrangement is really good man, on the first track the snare stands out as quite low heavy. The snare fits the second track better but still needs a bit of brightness in the higher frequencies.

the second track has got a sick roll to it. When you've refined your mixing skills a bit better these will be sick no doubt :)

5. concept beats

concept beats New Member

thanks pal, in the second track i used some slapback echo on the snare to increase the dynamic rolling. In the first one i basically used 2 drum kits: one made by myself with one shot samples and another one was made by chopping a drum break old-school style to give that jungle feel ( you can hear it at 01.15)

6. WhoSayReload?

WhoSayReload? Well-Known Member

Nice sounds

I think the first tune is mixed better

I like the second tune but it needs some weightier drums behind it, a big kick and splashy snare imo

7. concept beats

concept beats New Member

yeah the first one sounds better, i had some conflicts with the snare in the second one, and the kick punchiness usually fight with fat sub basses.
    thanks for the feedback, share your tracks whenever you want

8. Sentierum

Sentierum Member

Il titolo della prima traccia spacca X°D
    Nice job dude, love the synths, nice sound design, dark and oppressive... Go darker!

9. concept beats

concept beats New Member

grazie del supporto! big up :D