Feedback from Traktor scratch pro/duo users

dhalsim

yoga fire
i've decided to stop saving up for cdjs and i'll be getting a pair of 1200s and almost certainly a copy of traktor scratch duo.

soooooooooooooo...

opinions from traktor uses please.... are you all happy with you tt & traktor setup?

I use the original and my mate uses pro and we are very happy with it. It is a really good system and nice to use at home. It is a bit long to set up in a club and also make sure you have a nice powerful computer to run it on so as to avoid any problems.
Hope that helps man.

thats for the comment, much appreciated
just out of interest, what computer you running it on?
i mean, RAM, processor etc?

im using duo, it is pretty good but doesnt allow recording. this is the only real draw back of it compared with pro. definitely make sure your laptop is above the minimum requirements though, mine isn't and it can be fairly temperamental. good system though, i definitely prefer it to serato and torq for features/ease.

Native Instruments Traktor Scratch Pro Digital Vinyl System

Windows System Requirements: XP (SP2, 32 Bit)/Vista (SP1, 32 Bit, 64 Bit), Pentium IV or Athlon 1.4 GHz (SSE1), 1 GB RAM

Mac System Requirements: OS X 10.4, Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz, 1 GB RAM

thats for the comment, much appreciated
just out of interest, what computer you running it on?
i mean, RAM, processor etc?

I am using a Fujitsu Siemens laptop running Vista.
The processor is a 1.73 GHz intel one.
The RAM works out at about 1.9 gig,
and the HD is supposedly 120 gig but its more like 98.
Realistically this computer isn't good enough to run it but I get by.
At first I experienced a lot of stuttering audio etc.
I got rid of my screen saver, uped the power plan to high performance and raised Traktors latency from 8 to 10 ms. This sorted out most problems.

Anything equal to or better than my computer should be all good.
EDIT: I think a lot of my issues are to do with Vista though and it not being very good at dealing with software like Traktor.

I am loving it. Been on TSP for about half a year.

No major problems aside from shitty needles or not properly grounded tables will cause problems too.

Other than that it works like a dream. I would definately recommend getting the Traktor Scratch Pro over the Duo. The added features are worth the extra couple bucks IMO

Traktor Scratch is genius...

Basically whats already been said, as long as you have a fast PC and are willing to buy 320's then it's immense, I've only had a shot of it for about 20 minutes though at a mates but i really want it.

I'm actually guna invest in TSP to do studio mixes etc... I have SOO many old tunes on my HD that will never get burnt to a CD so pefect for messing around at home. Then if I find a good mix I wana play out, i'll burn it to a CD!

Might do a Scratch Perverts style mash up when I get it! :)

I take it people generally wouldn't take Traktor out with them then? It seems relatively easy to set up to me...

Yeah it is but it can be tricky when out due to nerves, dodgy equipment in the club etc. Also sods law says the moment you plug your computer in it will fail on you the one time your playing out.

i use my traktor for all my sets i play out...never had a problem yet, touch wood..
just one thing though... ALWAYS ALWAYS take your own cables that ur gonna need...
there prob gonna b wayy better than the ones at the venue..

im got traktor scratch duo for about 6 months now.
running it on my 13" macbook unibody (4gb ram, 2ghz dualcore) never had a problem with it. ill never play out with vinyl or cds again.

setting up in a club is easy to. just takes 2mins, you just have to talk to the dj who is curently playing because you have to unplug the turntables you wanna use later for about 20sec each.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom