Dubstep Feedback for electro/heavy/ Dubstep work in progress

the bassline and sound is nice! i think the one thing ruining the track is the crash and those double claps man, sounds to me asif there just muddying up the track with white noise plus the lower frequencies in the crash are just distracting me from everything else- i always put a line of crashes through a dnb tune to give a sort of stadium background white noise but i always high pass them and hi pass any verb i put on them to keep them out the way of the rest of the mix - kick snare and b line is all bang on though - id do more of a proper build up for the drop to! :) overall nice work!

Thanks for the reply dude , i hear what ur sayin about the claps and crash/ride so im toning them down/removing bits with the high pass etc (thanks for that tip btw) . Glad you think the bassline and sound is nice, good to hear some positive feedback ! Im gonna rework it more and remove some of the repetition and work in a buildup like you say ! I think it needs more synth layers as well , like higher pitched rythmic stuff or lower growls mixed in somewhere but im not sure yet.

Anybody else got any thoughts/tips? theres always aspects of production i overlook. So much still to learn!

Lot of shit going on in the mix, your track is like a guitar solo, changes all the time.Not that its bad : )
Pretty cool bass sounds, and my fav is the wooh sound.Where did u get it?

Cheers silent, i agree its pretty busy, and i think the reasonn it sounds guitar solo like/changey is because i wrote songs/played guitar in a prog death metal band for a long time. Now im onto producing but theres alot of subtleties im still tryin to figure out. If this tune is actually listenable and doesnt sound like absolute mince to u then im happy ! Any tips etc would be helpful - also the woo noise is just a white noise/screamer massive sound played on the lowest octave. =)

Back
Top Bottom