February Mix, Bit of Everything

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
Alright people,
would be nice if you want to check and let me know what you think etc - i enjoyed putting it together, mixing was mostly decent. cdj decided to skip twice but thankfully was only at the end when it had an effect!

Raiden - Fallin
>>Break + Die - Slow Down
Origin Unknown - Lunar Bass (Commix VIP)
Technicolour + Komatic - Daydreamer
Calibre + Dbridge - Ponderosa
Bcee - Generations
Rockwell - Underpass
Noisia + Hybris - Crystalline
Pessimist - Ganesha
Hybris - Keeping Me
Phace + Misanthrop - Desert Orgy
>>Optical - To Shape the Future (Remix)
Break - Too Much
Chook - Descend
Dom + Roland & Amon Tobin - Sylo
S.P.Y. + Riya - Loneliness
Ed Rush + Optical - Chubrub
Dom & Roland - Mind Feeders
Commix - Painted Smile
Hybris - The Cleaner
Lenzman + Riya - Open Page

Last edited:
just listening through now, first few mixes are pretty good, apart from it goes out of time a bit on one of them, then this mix: Bcee - Generations >> Rockwell - Underpass I don't think works very well at all - and seems to be that they don't drop together? will let you know more as i keep listening.

yeah i slipped a bit on the technicolour one, needed to be a little quicker i think. ironically i did the mix perfectly before, but it never goes quite how you want when you record haha.
with the underpass one i think i just misjudged the counting a bit, the breakdown on generations is a bit odd, thus why there seems to be an extra few bars of underpass before the drop. cheers for the feedback though

tracklist looks my kind of style (y)

daydreamer >> ponderosa >> generations thought was all very nice flowing.
i thought the next mix with underpass would have been better as a double drop, just my opinion!

also mindfeeders >> painted smile (y)
I need a CDJ!!

shame about the skippage but it happens!

look forward to your next mix. peace

Last edited:
swish!
slow down - great opener! air got a lil lost behind in the mix at the begining, sounded better later on when slow down was a bit quieter.
lunar bass - good mix man
daydreamer - wicked! not sure i like this tune myself but cool mix all the same.
ponderosa - such a tune, clean mix there too
generations - mix so smooth i didnt notice the mix till ponderosa was gone!
underpass - bit iffy during the breakdown and didn't time right for the double but still sounded good once it got rolling.
crystalline - wicked tune, not sure if i like the mix tho
ganesha - worked really well
keeping me - cool!
desert orgy - clean transition, over a bit early but i see why
>> shape the future - fuck yeah, i like how these roll together, not sure u should have kept it rolling when desert orgy wound down, would have made the tease a bit short tho.
too much - not sure about it too be honest, u missed a good switch opportunity early after the drop of too much, shame man, i love it when those get nailed just right. takes a bit of practice with break's tunes, the drums seem to stop at random points (especially isis) there seems to be no set formula for all his beats doing this, which is prob why they are so awesome.
descend - missed the mix reading the above back to make sure it made some sense. cant have been bad tho.
sylo - bit messy
loneliness - vocals worked well with the punchiness of slyo
chubrub - put in a bit late for the double, bit busy mixed together these 2 but not 2 bad
mind feeders - good mix, would have considered switching off chubrub at the brakedown
painted smile - yummy belnd, spot on mate!
the cleaner - a tad less hi end during the intro then switch hi eq's after the drop would have made it perfect. real nice blend those 2!
open page - interesting choice of placement, u brought them in bang on time, impressive beat matching. especially after a breakdown with not much going on.
.......paused while speaking to angry nigerian man on telephone ......
where was i, still in the mix with cleaner/open page which is nicley eq'd btw AHHH skippage..naughty.. not too bad tho, well delt with.

fooking wickard mix mate. nice one!

swish!
slow down - great opener! air got a lil lost behind in the mix at the begining, sounded better later on when slow down was a bit quieter.
daydreamer - wicked! not sure i like this tune myself but cool mix all the same.
underpass - bit iffy during the breakdown and didn't time right for the double but still sounded good once it got rolling.
keeping me - cool!
>> shape the future - fuck yeah, i like how these roll together, not sure u should have kept it rolling when desert orgy wound down, would have made the tease a bit short tho.
too much - not sure about it too be honest, u missed a good switch opportunity early after the drop of too much, shame man, i love it when those get nailed just right. takes a bit of practice with break's tunes, the drums seem to stop at random points (especially isis) there seems to be no set formula for all his beats doing this, which is prob why they are so awesome.
descend - missed the mix reading the above back to make sure it made some sense. cant have been bad tho.
sylo - bit messy
chubrub - put in a bit late for the double, bit busy mixed together these 2 but not 2 bad
mind feeders - good mix, would have considered switching off chubrub at the brakedown
the cleaner - a tad less hi end during the intro then switch hi eq's after the drop would have made it perfect. real nice blend those 2!
open page - interesting choice of placement, u brought them in bang on time, impressive beat matching. especially after a breakdown with not much going on.
where was i, still in the mix with cleaner/open page which is nicley eq'd btw AHHH skippage..naughty.. not too bad tho, well delt with.

what a good review, I congratulate you on being spot on! Haha.

swish!
keeping me - cool!
sylo - bit messy

your feedback is too much as always mate - massively appreciated.

i agree with everything you said pretty much.
sylo i screwed up cos the intro has very little going on, but even so - its a bit off an odd tune to bring in after descend because the drums are so different, so my bad for that.
the to shape the future thing i wish id managed to get the player to read the damn thing a bit faster (one of the disadvantages of having cack cdjs) so it wasn't cue'd on time for the first drop with desert orgy, otherwise like you mentioned i could have had it running over the top from the start and wouldn't have left it in. but
About too much you nailed it on the head, should have switched it earlier. i shall learn from this :)

theres quite a few tunes that go perfectly with the cleaner if you can beatmatch them before the drop, as i had too, thus why i pulled out painted smile quite quickly to give me enough time

once again cheers for the massive feedbacks, glad you enjoyed it too :)

Teddy u the feedback king man! im deff recording a new mix when i get into my flat next week. I gonna jump on this now so ill let you know soon mate :)

This mix is BIG mate!!

Can't really fault Teddy's feedback tbh, I'll just be repeating what he said but my fave parts were:

Raiden - Fallin
>>Break + Die - Slow Down
Origin Unknown - Lunar Bass (Commix VIP)
Technicolour + Komatic - Daydreamer
Calibre + Dbridge - Ponderosa
Bcee - Generations

This part was smooth and rolling, so nice.

Chook - Descend
Dom + Roland & Amon Tobin - Sylo
S.P.Y. + Riya - Loneliness
Ed Rush + Optical - Chubrub
Dom & Roland - Mind Feeders
Commix - Painted Smile
Hybris - The Cleaner

Lovely bit of tech going on here, went really well. And thanks for introducing me to that Chook tune lol, grotty little banger!

All in all I really enjoyed it, some very smooth beatmatching and great EQing!!

PS. yours is better than mine :mad:

:teeth:

This mix is BIG mate!!

PS. yours is better than mine :mad:

:teeth:

naa mate different vibes is all :)
big up for the feedback and listen.
also if you like the chook tune (which is huge) check out nphonix and enei - quicksilver, its utter dirt and no one seems to know it :(

listened to this mix mate!

majority of the mixes wer BIG!, but there was the few that wer sketchy!
all round nice mix tho mate, and tracklist is bang on!!

check my February Liquid mix when u get 5 minutes :)

listened to this mix mate!

majority of the mixes wer BIG!, but there was the few that wer sketchy!
all round nice mix tho mate, and tracklist is bang on!!

check my February Liquid mix when u get 5 minutes :)

cheers man, i know a few were sketchy had a slight mare here and there but such is life!

i'm sure i checked yours and enjoyed it, il stick it on the old mp3 player for tomorrow so i can listen whilst doing research and leave you some feedback

Back
Top Bottom