February 2011 Vinyl Drum and Bass Mix. Noisia, Alix Perez, Break, Icicle

Agent Smith

Currently Putins Koala
VIP Junglist
Hello All.

Im from London, and have been mixing drum and bass for about 2 years. I love every aspect, whether that be listening to mixes or new music, or actually having a skank!
This is an all vinyl drum and bass mix using 1210's and a Allen and Heath Xone 22 borrowed from a friend.
All feedback is appreciated. I am always looking to improve and all comments are welcomed. Soundcloud and Dnbshare link below. Furthermore a tracklist :)

SoundCloud Link
DNBSHARE Link

Enjoy
Stu

Noisia & The Upbeats - Creep Out
>>Break - Too Much
Octane & DLR - Transition
DJ Die - Ghetto Business
Jonny L - 1 & 2
Break Feat Spectrasoul - Martyr
>>Break & Silent Witness - Dont Rush It
Mosus & S.P.Y - My World
Icicle - Arrows
Mutt & Generic Feat Kevin King - Forget
Calibre - Gone Away
Andy C - Nightflight
Subwave - Think
Bcee - Generations
Need For Mirrors - Wasted Youth
Lenzman - Memory Loss
Noisia & Alix Perez - Underprint
Ulterior Motive - Glued
Alix Perez & Icicle - Caution
Spectrasoul - Wedgehead
Hive - Blackout
>>IllSkillz - Black Rabbit
Harvest - Militant
Origin Unknown - Lunar Bass (Commix Remix)
>>Noisia & Alix Perez - Loose Ends

great opening, really impressed with the start. made most of the usual switches with break too much, and it sounded crisp! then into transition was good, as was the next 2 mixes.

this bit i didn't like as much n all honesty,
Mosus & S.P.Y - My World
just didn't really sit right for me, martyr is a bitch to mix with sometimes, u need to get the levels and eq's just right for the drums to sit nicley without it sounding muggy or overcrowded.

next few mixes were safe, then nightflight >> think , was ok but wasn't sure about it.
brought it back with the next mix tho, then back the other way with wasted youth, no offence, they dont go well together. not sure about memory loss or underprint mix either.
glued >> caution is more like it, lil wobbly but good.
caution >> wedgehead (y)
blackout >> black rabbit was good, a little tinny on the eq tho
lunar bass >> loose ends were eq'd nicley

all in all a rather safe mix mate, selection was spot on for me! let me know when u record another one.

great opening, really impressed with the start. made most of the usual switches with break too much, and it sounded crisp! then into transition was good, as was the next 2 mixes.

Mosus & S.P.Y - My World
just didn't really sit right for me, martyr is a bitch to mix with sometimes, u need to get the levels and eq's just right for the drums to sit nicley without it sounding muggy or overcrowded.

next few mixes were safe, then nightflight >> think , was ok but wasn't sure about it.
brought it back with the next mix tho, then back the other way with wasted youth, no offence, they dont go well together. not sure about memory loss or underprint mix either.
caution >> wedgehead (y)

all in all a rather safe mix mate, selection was spot on for me! let me know when u record another one.

This is the kind of feedback needed in this forum. Nice one bro.

tracklist looks good mate, sure i'll enjoy it!
i won't even bother feeding back because if teddy already has mine will never been more constructive!

having listened i did enjoy it, the tracklist was really good - only bit i didn't really feel was the nightflight bit, just didn't sit well - other than that very nice all round :)

Last edited:

Mosus & S.P.Y - My World

caution >> wedgehead (y)

Nice one teddy! the detailed feedback is more than appreciated.

I agree Martyr is a bitch to mix, never really found a tune that sits well with it enough, but a banger still.

Got a little bit lost in the middle of the mix trying to find a next tune, might try planning something a little on the next one so that it flows better.

Cheers and thanks for checking!

tracklist looks good mate, sure i'll enjoy it!
i won't even bother feeding back because if teddy already has mine will never been more constructive!

Nice1 Jwood. Ill have a listen of yours when I'm home.

That feedback will keep me going until I record a next one! much to work on!

Nice mix on my mixer m8 lol.

Gd Mixes:
Transition > Ghetto Business > 1 & 2
Arrows > Forget
Gone Away > Nightflight
Think > Generations
Caution > Wedghead

Not feelin generations and wasted youth sounds a bit out of key. Aint keen on Blackout and Militant either, don't think u should use the filter.

All in all tho, very gd mix.

Nice mix on my mixer m8 lol.

Gd Mixes:
Transition > Ghetto Business > 1 & 2
Arrows > Forget
Gone Away > Nightflight
Think > Generations
Caution > Wedghead

Not feelin generations and wasted youth sounds a bit out of key. Aint keen on Blackout and Militant either, don't think u should use the filter.

All in all tho, very gd mix.

Nice one Corden.

Sometimes I get a bit filter happy...you know what I mean!
Cheers for letting me borrow ya mixer.
Get a mix up mate, I look forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom